Earlier in the starting, when people realized that printing is a basic need for keeping the data. The simplex printers were manufactured that are capable of printing on one side of the page. But, now, as the demand for printing is increasing, it is essential to learn that what is duplex printing and why is it important?
Duplex printing enables a person to print the documents on both the side of the page. The page could be turned automatically or manually to print on both sides. It helps to reduce the wastage that is being done in simplex printing. Therefore, this technique is prevalent in the market as it saves both the paper and the cost.
How Does This Printing Work?
- Whenever an individual start printing through their printer, they have to select the duplex printing option while giving the command. The option will display on the dialogue box. The printer will get the command that it has to use the second side of the page.
- Once the printing on the first page is done, one has to feed the paper to the printer manually, or it can be done automatically. It depends upon the type of printer that one has to turn the paper manually, or it will be turned automatically inside the machine.
- For duplex printing, one must have a duplex printer. The printers with duplex printing always have a model number ending with D. Every duplex printer has its functionality and accessibility.
- The cost of these printers also varies from model to model. This printer has to be connected with a system from where an individual can give the commands.
Which is Better – Automatic or Manual Duplex Printings?
- Choosing one of the options mentioned above will depend on your usage if your usage for duplex printing is less than you can go for manual duplex printers or vice-versa.
- Apart from the usage, the functionality is another difference in both the printers. It will be very feasible if the pages will turn automatically. Hence, it will save time and human resources.
- On the other hand, in manual duplex printing, the work efforts will be more, but it is a good cost-cutter.
- Therefore, the choice will depend upon- usage, human resources, time, and budget.
- Below we will briefly describe the automatic and manual duplex printing.
What Does Two – Sided Mean in Printing?
Two-sided printing means to print pages of the document on both sides of the sheets one by one. A few years ago, only the small business holders advised their employees to do two-sided printing to cut down their business paper costs. But now all the leading businesses and universities start doing two-sided printing. Most of the people realized that the two-sided printing method uses half of the total requirement of the sheets and costing the user less money.
What is a Duplex Printer?
A printer that allows you to print on both sides of the sheets automatically known as the duplex printer. Some of the printers which didn’t enable auto duplex printing but can print the odd and even pages of the document one by one are also considered as the duplex printer.
What is Duplex Mode Printing?
As per its name reflects, the printer allows the user to print all of the documents double-sided by just giving the print command to the printer. The user does not have to set up sheets manually for double-sided print outs purpose.
Two methods can do the settings for duplex printing; it also depends on your printer model. Your computer can do the first way to do auto-duplex printing settings, and the user also set up through the main screen of the printer. Here we are going to discuss both the methods briefly.
Before going to discuss the two methods of the settings of duplex printing, we have to clear one thing that the settings through the printer could be different as per different models, but this should be a helpful guide for the user.
Settings Up Through Printer Screen Menu
- The first step is to find the option that allows you to edit or change the eco or general settings of the printer. This menu will allow you to set up for auto duplex printing by default.
- Usually, these settings are turned off by default, so that you don’t have to set up every time. Once you entered the eco or general setting menu, then find the auto duplex printing mode for turn it on.
- When the auto duplex printing mode gets turned on, all of the documents sent to the printer will print double-sided automatically.
- Apart from this, it is essential to consult the service provider for more help because one wrong setting can lead to bad results.
Settings Up Through Computer
- The very first step for the settings of auto duplex printing through a computer is similar to the print screen method. You have to find the option that allows you to change the printer settings. If you are using Windows software, then it could be a Control panel for making changes in printer settings.
- After entering into the control panel, you have to select devices and printers to find your printer there.
- Next, you have to right-click on your printer and select printer properties to edit the settings.
- The next step is to find the option that allows changing printing defaults. Usually, it can be done under the Advanced tab.
- After clicking the advanced tab, you will find additional features and settings. You have to turn on the duplex printing mode under addition features and settings menu.
- Remember, once you have updated the settings, do not forget to save the settings to keep changes made by you. Now your printer is ready to do auto-duplex printing.
- If your requirement for double-sided printing is occasionally, then do not forget to change the settings of the way you want to print.
What is Manual Duplex Printing?
If your printer did not allow to do auto-duplex printing, then there is also an option for doing double-sided printing manually. The results for double-sided print outs can be achieved by this method, too, but the difference is that you have to reinsert the page over yourself for duplex printing.
Manual Duplex Printing Without Changing the Settings
- If you are printing the document from Microsoft word and you need double-sided print outs, then you have to follow some easy steps.
- The very first step is to select print settings from the menu bar.
- You will find there an option to print only odd or only even pages.
- Then click on the only print odd pages so that you can get only the odd pages print outs.
- After that, you have to reinsert the sheets into the sheet tray to print the even pages.
- Now you have to choose the print for even pages to get the printouts on the opposite side.
- By following these easy steps, the user can get the double-sided print outs manually. The critical part of this process is to know the way to place the sheets back into the printer for double-sided print outs, to avoid the wrong results.
What is Advanced Duplex Printing and Why Should One Opt for Duplex Printing?
Duplex printing can help the user to use half of the total require sheets that are cut down the business paper costs. Apart from this, as we all know, sheets are made from trees. so that if people will use fewer sheets than it will cause fewer trees to be cut down. The tree is essential for human beings to get pure oxygen to breathe. So that if you want to do eco-friendly printing, then you must go for duplex printing.
Save the Cost by Using Duplex Printing Method:
If you have ample knowledge about the printers, then it will become easy for you to choose the best duplex printer. Duplex printing can save cost, but an individual has to select the correct printing method. One can get a list from Google to know about the best printing method.
Buying Guide for the Duplex Printer:
Are you looking for a duplex printer for office use? Then one must follow a few guidelines to get the best printer.
1. The first thing an individual has to do is to compare the rates of different brands. You have to purchase a printer that is in your budget.
2. After that, you have to check the specifications of the printers that are in your budget.
3. Once the first two steps are done next, you have to check the per-page printing cost and how many pages one can print in one minute.
4. Every printer has its capacity to hold the pages. Now it depends on your usage that which printer will be best for you.
5. The resolution of the screen and printing quality is another factor that one has to check before their final purchases.
6. If you are purchasing a duplex printer for office use, then you must go for a printer that can print more than 1000 pages in a month.
7. Rest one can check from the online e-commerce website to purchase as per their choice.
8. Check warranty the manufacturer is providing you along with the computer.
9. Go through the customer reviews and ratings on e-commerce websites. It will help to know about the product and the after-sale service of the company.
We hope this buying guide will help you to get the best duplex printer as per your requirement.
What to Do if There is Less Need for Duplex Printing?
If the requirement for duplex printing is only once or very fewer times, then you have to follow a different way that is given-below:
When you click on the print option, you will find there is an option to change the print properties for this page only. By clicking on this option, one can get the print on one side, and after that, the user has to reinsert that page which they want to print double-sided.
This method for duplex printing needs creativity and efforts. But this could be a cost-cutter for business if their requirement for double-sided print outs is occasionally.
Various Types of Duplex Printing
In a duplex printer, there are two types of duplex printing options available. The first one is edge binding, and the second one is Center binding.
Edge Binding Duplex Printing
- In edge binding duplex printing the page will turn from one of the edges of the sheet.
- When the sheet is in portrait size either, it can flip on the long edge, or it can flip on short edge.
- One has to select the option on their printer that on what side they want the document to get printed.
- Now if the document is in landscape mode, then it can again turn on the long edge or short edge. Therefore, one has four options in edge binding duplex printing.
Center Binding Duplex Printing
- In this printing, there are three options to turn the page.
- If the document is in portrait mode, then it could be flipped from open to the left side.
- Now if again the documents on portrait mode, then it could be flip from open to the right side.
- And if the document is in landscape mode, then one can set the mode to flip it from open to the top.
One has to select the option manually from the printer or the system as per the requirement.
Therefore, duplex printing is another beneficial thing for the industries to work quickly and can save costs. The printer may cost a little higher, but the after purchase benefits are worth to spend a bit more. One can purchase the best duplex printer from offline or online mode as per their feasibility.
There is no need to buy separate machines for scanning and photocopying because these all options are there in the duplex printer. Hence, once again, it can save cost by adding more options apart from printing. Now, enjoy the benefits you are getting from a single duplex printer for duplex printing.