Nowadays, people love to keep the documents in printed form. Are you a similar kind of person? Or are you working in the office where the use of printing is too much? Then knowing about the cartridge is essential for you to increase the quality of work and simultaneously to decrease the cost.
The question one asks is, “what is cartridge,” and why is it used? The cartridge of ink is a part of the inkjet printer that helps to transfer ink on the paper to print the required documents quickly. The manufacturer also adds a chip in the cartridge that helps in receiving the commands from the system.
It depends upon the quality of the cartridge that how good HD print you will get. There are many options to purchase a cartridge from the market. One can select one as per their suitability and budget even though it depends on the printer, which cartridge it sports while printing. Now, here in the next section, we will discuss the types of cartridge and their work.
List of Different Types of Cartridge
What is a Toner Cartridge?
Toner cartridge is being used in the modern printers. It doesn’t hold wet ink that gets dried after a few days if not used. Instead, it contains toner powder. It gets charged when electric heat supplies on it through laser printers and prints graphical images on the page. It helps in saving the cost as it doesn’t dry quickly like a wet ink.
But, it only supports the updated new laser printers. It is a replaceable cartridge that one can change once it is finished. One will get to know that cartridge is about to end when the print quality and color on the paper start decreasing. Please don’t wait for the cartridge to be finished; change when it is 85-90% finished. It is because it can harm the printer if used emptied many times.
The one major issue that these cartridges faced earlier is between the manufacturer and the customers. When it comes to change the cartridge every-time, some manufacturers charge high for the second. So, the customer wants to refill the first one. This conflict was in the market for a long time. But, now the cartridges are affordable, and one can get one as per the model of their printer.
What is a Drum Cartridge?
Nowadays, monochrome or laser printers are capable of consuming ink from plastic cartridges. After installing these, it decreases the hazard of installing and reinstalling the cartridges.
Now, these drums have yellow, red, magenta, cyan, and the black drum along with a toner that helps in printing on the page. These plastic coloring agents help to get more clear prints on the page. The toner contains a few static charges that stick on the paper once the print command is given.
It is used in modern printers to simplify the work-flow along with the ease in working. One can purchase the drum cartridge from the market if their printer supports the same. An individual can effectively print different types of graphics.
What is the Ink Cartridge?
Most of the inkjet printers support ink cartridge that holds different colors of ink. One cannot use this cartridge in the dot-matrix or laser printers because those modern printers support toner cartridge.
It is the oldest cartridge and is used in the old models of printers. The ink cartridge is available in two different colors that are black or colored only. If the ink is going to end, the sensor will alert the user by displaying on the computer screen that there is a need to change the cartridge.
One can refill the ink as per the requirement or can change the cartridge. But, these cartridges are more expensive as the manufacturers are earning more profit from the cartridge after the sale of the printer.
Hence, before going to purchase the ink cartridge, first, check the model number of your printer. Stores are selling these cartridges at comparatively less price than other local stores.
What is a Cricut Cartridge?
The Cricut machines are in the market that is known as vinyl cutting machines. A different type of cartridge supports these machines, known as Cricut. One can insert these cartridges in the device to get the best graphics and images.
There are many types of Cricut cartridges in the market like winter, baseball, Hello Kitty, and elephant themed cartridges that one can purchase as per their requirements.
It is a unique way to be more creative by getting the cut-images of different patterns that a cartridge contains. This machine is used in offices where there is a need to use cut-images with a unique graphic.
How to Use These Cricut Cartridges?
There is no rocket-science to be learned to use the Cricut cartridge. One can find a slot to insert it on the top of the printer. Here, one can add the same to start using this fantastic technique of getting cut-images with HD printer and stylish graphics.
One can use Explore, Explore Air, and Explore Air 2 machines to connect the cartridge with the software to start working accordingly.
Just open the new design in the design space, and select the one as per your choice. Once the cartridge and machine are linked, and the command is given, the device will start working. And you will be able to get the creative piece of paper in your hand.
Why Are Cartridges Used in the Printer?
The printing needs are increasing at a high-rate. Similarly, the new machines are being introduced in the market by the manufacturers. One can purchase a printer from an ample number of choices available in the market. From cheap to expensive, from basic category prints to HD-print-outs, there are many options available for a consumer.
But, while purchasing a printer, it is essential to check that its compatibility with the cartridge. Purchase the one that you can use for the long-term. The cartridge is the soul of the device. It will help you to get the best prints and the graphics as per your requirement.
The cartridge is the soul of the printer. Without it, one cannot print on the sheet quickly. It is an essential part, and one has to take care of a few things while purchasing the cartridge. Following are some benefits of buying a durable and worthy cartridge for your printer:
- After using a cartridge, it becomes easy for an individual to change the settings through the system.
- The parts of the valve can be replaced easily, and also it becomes very accessible to use them appropriately.
- Now, to eliminate the risk of breakaway torque, the double thread is attached to it.
- It also provides a low-pressure drop on the paper while printing.
- Balance-plug is an add-on to use the low-operating torque efficiently.
- The cleaning and maintenance become very easy even after the attached wetted parts.
- The shelf-life of the product increases due to the product’s durability feature.
- The printing will become smoother on the paper with an HD-print.
Therefore, there are many advantages of using suitable quality cartridges in the printer.
As everything has few merits and a few demerits, similarly using cartridges also carries a few drawbacks. Those are mentioned below:
- Sometimes it becomes costlier while getting the new or cost high while refilling the refill cartridge.
- Toner cartridges are very accessible. Still, it cost a lot to get HD-print Cartridge.
- One has to detach and attach the cartridge whenever it ends, and this becomes a problem for some users.
- The user may get the wrong product by any local shop owner, and getting it from official centers is not feasible for an individual every time.
Buying Guide for the Cartridges
When it comes to select the best cartridge for the printer, a customer has to keep a few things in the mind. Henceforth, go ahead and give importance to these while buying the same.
Type of printer:
- Now, every printer supports different cartridge. Therefore, knowing the model number is essential while going to purchase.
- Check for the colored or black & white compatibility. The new printers in the market are almost all capable of printer through both the modes. But, if your printer is of the old model, then it is essential to check the compatibility with color tones.
- Decide for low-quality or high-quality printouts. Now, once you are going to purchase a cartridge, there are cheap to the expensive one available in the market. Hence, one has to decide whether they need high-quality printouts or not before purchasing the one.
- Compare the products of different brands. Different brands offer different compatibility, price, and quality. Therefore, comparing all the features becomes essential.
- Read the product review and the rating from Google. It will help you to know the after-sales services and the product demand in the market.
- Check the warranty that the manufacturers are providing to their customers. It will help you a lot to contact the technicians whenever there is an error while using the printer.
Now, are you satisfied with the one product? Have you got the answer for what is cartridge? Now, if you have gone through all the specifications of the products. It’s time to purchase the best compatible for your printer. The advantages, disadvantages, and the buying guide could help you a lot to choose the best fit and durable cartridges for the printers. Comment below for any query. Our experts will try to give the best possible answers.