Nowadays, printing is becoming a prevalent task in offices. Every office needs a few printers to print the documents. Documents are being stored in the form of original files to keep the data. Therefore the printer has to be of good quality that does HD printing. But earlier the printers are there in the market can only do printing on one side. If a person has to print on both sides, they have to turn the paper every time manually. It becomes a difficult situation for the person who is working on it.
Therefore to resolve this problem, the manufacturers have built the auto duplex printer. An auto duplex Printer can perform the task of auto-duplex printing. In common words of duplex printing is the type of printing in which the paper will turn on automatically inside the printer. It helps to work faster and save time while there is a need to friends on both sides of the documents.
Even when there is a need to print on both sides, manually, extra human resources are needed, which is eliminated after auto duplex printing. Now we will talk about what is auto duplex printing and how this printer works?
How Auto-Duplex Printers Work?
Working with a duplex printer is based on two methods: single-engine duplex printing and double-engine duplexer.
- In the single-engine duplex printing, when a user gives a command, the printer will print on the first side of the paper. After that, the paper will automatically flip, and the printing will be done on the other side.
- But in the double engine duplex printers, the printing on both sides will be done simultaneously. There is no need to wait for printing at first sight and then another.
- Therefore double engine duplexer is a type of printing in which one can again the same lot of time for not waiting.
- Earlier in the market, only the single-engine duplexers were available, but after seeing the demand, manufacturers have added the feature.
Yes, the rate may vary from single to double duplexer, but if you have a reasonable budget, you can purchase the double engine duplexer as it will save your time. In the market, there are many brands available of both printers with similar printing techniques.
But I also suggest to users to go to the specifications of each printer before purchasing. One always tries to find out “what is printer duplexer?” Henceforth, there is no need to go for manual duplex printers is the other option is better than that one.
The Process of Auto-Duplex Printing
Now, after purchasing the auto duplex printer, I found few problems. I get confused about how to use the printer and how to set the settings in the dialogue box.
For this problem, I have searched on the internet a lot, but finally, my search was finished when I call customer care. The customer care centers of famous brands always there to help the customer. They have told me the whole procedure and have followed read one by one. The Process is Given Below:
- First, you have to put the paper and the input tray of the printer. Put a few sheets in the input tray then the total number of prints you want.
- After that, open the document in your system and click on the file option. There you can’t see a print option and click it.
- Now dialogue box will appear in front of your screen. Choose the type of printer and then open the properties of the printer. There you will see an option mentioning preference or printer setup.
- One will see an option of print on both sides of the paper or two-sided duplexer.
- Select the required option and choose the layout before finishing it.
- There you also have to choose that you want the paper to flip on booklet style or Tablet style. Choose the one as per your requirement.
- Click on the Ok button on the Ok button and then give the command to print.
- Now when the printer starts printing, it will automatically flip the paper once the printing is done on the first side.
Now depends upon your printer that you can do these things feasible, or not or you have to do them manually. Therefore while purchasing the printer in the market, always check whether it is a duplex printer or manual.
Merits of Auto-Duplex Printing
There are many benefits to purchasing the auto duplex printer. Therefore I always suggest to users to go for it to buy one. If there is a need for printing many times in your office or at home. A Few Benefits Are Mentioned Below:
- While printing through the manual duplex printer or a simple printer. One can print on the single side of the page.
- Now, because of this, one has to print the document on the only side. And that will increase the cost as you have to use more papers.
- The second cost-saving element is human resources because, in Manual duplex printing, there is a need for another person to turn the page every time.
- Therefore to save the cost, it helps the company in both human resource and paper purchasing basis.
- The second advantage of this printer is it will help to increase the space in the input tray of the printer.
- To print on the single side of the paper, we have to put many sheets in the input tray.
- But while printing through this duplex automatic printer, one can put the number of sheets in one time for large documents.
- From this, it also saves energy. The printer always has to spend on reloading the paper every time.
- The burden on the user will also decrease as one have to give the command. There is no need to set in front of the printer to wait for turning the paper for double-sided printing.
Therefore we can say that there are many advantages to this printing and one can use it to work faster. Hence, solve all your queries mentioning, “what does duplex mean in printing.”
Demerits of Auto-Duplex Printing
As everything has some disadvantages along with some advantages. Therefore these auto duplex printing machines also have some problems. These Are Mentioned Below:
- The force disadvantages of this machine are that they are a little costlier than the simple printer. One has to increase its budget a little more to purchase this duplex printer.
- After this, the setting and their functions have to be changed after inserting and attaching it with your system. Therefore for the users who are not familiar with would find problems while installing.
- The next problem with this printer is that if any error occurred while printing, you would not be able to work until the customer care fix it.
- In the market, there are so many brands available for the auto duplex printers; then it becomes difficult to choose the best product.
Even after having a few problems, it is not a big deal to purchase it. If you want to work smoother and faster, then spending a little more is worth it. Even after-sale services of customer care are very reminders of good brands.
Therefore after using the automatic duplexing printer, I found that working with the duplex printing technique is not a very difficult task. I just asked the salesperson to tell me how I have to use it after that there is no problem while printing. So we can say that the problems are not very big and one cannot eliminate the idea of purchasing based on small things.
Now, concluding, we can say that the technique of doing duplex printing is beneficial. Manufacturers are always thinking for the customers and trying to do better things for them. It is another step from the manufacturers to induce the automatic duplex printing in the duplex printers. It is an add on advantage for the customer as it can give a lot of benefits to them.
Even though there are too many printers in the market that are manual. But, the need is more of printing the documents when printing this duplexer is the best option. One can compare the features of the printer on different websites. It will help the user to select one as per their specifications and requirements.
1. How to Turn on the Auto Duplex Printing Mode in the Laserjet Pro Printer?
To turn on the auto duplex printing mode, one has to follow the below-given steps:
- First, go to the devices and printer option that is on the control panel of this printer.
- After that, right-click on the LaserJet Pro option and select the printing preferences.
- Now on the layout, one has to select the duplex printing option or two-sided printing option.
- Now play it and save the changes and start printing.
2. How to Do Double-Sided Printing in Samsung Printer?
The steps for changing the settings of printer preference will be the same as mentioned above in LaserJet printers. The only difference while changing the settings that you have to select the Samsung printer in the printer preferences.
3. When Should a Person Purchase the Double-Sided Printer?
If there is a need to print on both sides of the pages a lot, then only eyes recommend this product because it will cost a little more but will be worthy if the need is more.
4. How Can a Double-Sided Printer Save Energy and Paper?
As this printer is using both sides of the paper, then it is reducing the cost of the Other paper. There is a need to reload the paper by the printer every time. It is to take the other paper from the tray. But, in double-sided printing, there is no need to reload the paper every time as the paper flip automatically.
A few questions are given below, and if you have any queries, you can comment in the comment box. We will try to answer you as soon as possible and will try to solve your questions.