A printer is a peripheral machine that can represent text or graphics usually on paper. Depending upon the features associated with a printer the services offered by a printer vary from simple ordinary printing to copying, scanning, and/or faxing text or graphics. Printers are used by many of us to perform multiple printing tasks. The main function of a printer is to convert digital data into printed media.
This could be either a text or a graphic output. Many of the printers are used primarily as local peripherals, as they are attached to a computer serving as a source of the document being printed, using a printer cable or a USB cable. Some printers that are also called network printers have network interfaces (wireless and/or Ethernet), thus they are capable of serving any user connected to the network, as a hardcopy device.
Individual printers are generally designed in such a way that they can support not only local but also network-connected users simultaneously. Additionally, a few of the modern printers can interface directly to electronic media like memory cards or memory sticks, or image capturing devices such as scanners, digital cameras; some printers are combined with fax machines and/or scanners in a single unit, and thus they can also serve as photocopiers in this way. Printers including non-printing features are also sometimes called Multi-Function Devices (MFD), Multifunction printers (MFP), or All-In-One (AIO) printers. MFPs mostly include printing, copying, and scanning among their features. Don’t forget to check out Best Printer For Waterslide Decals Review.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Functions Of A Printer
A printer can usually perform several functions. Here we have enlisted the 5 most important functions that a printer can perform.
- A printer can print, fax, scan, copy, side print, a multi-page scan/copy.
- You can produce both colored as well as a black and white print using a printer.
- Also, you can print photos, cards, labels, and envelopes with the help of a printer.
- A printer also includes multi-size paper print.
- Legal-size paper prints can also be produced using a printer.
10 Uses Of Printers
Following are some of the commonly known uses of printers.
- Printers are used to print statements on paper. You can print documents, reports, and even books with the help of a printer.
- You can create greeting cards for special occasions using a printer. Tonnes of templates are available on the internet at several sites like greeting island or HP creative studio.
- If you are running a small business, then a printer can help you to create your stationery to add a professional touch to the material being marketed.
- You can enlarge any old photo if your printer is equipped with a built-in scanner. This enlargement can be done by scanning that photo and producing its print later on.
- A printer can also help you to produce several different types of prints on your t-shirts.
- You can produce a fine reproduction of art with help of a printer. It is recommended to use dedicated canvas paper rather than photo paper for this purpose.
- You can make stickers by printing different sticker designs that are available at many sites like Disney’s familyfun and Microsoft office site. These stickers can be printed either to label sheets or on A4 sticker paper.
- If you want to print large banners or produce poster-sized art, then you can try multi-page poster printing. There are many online poster creation tools like Kodak’s big App or Block Posters app that can help you split your image into individual sheets and save it as a PDF. By printing out this PDF and assembling the individual sheets you can make a full poster.
- A printer can help you to produce transparent labels by using thick transparent adhesive types and conventional printing on different paper types. you can make such labels for plastic or glass bottles.
- With help of an inkjet printer, images can be printed on a sheet of glossy paper and this image can be transferred over to the surface of the wood.
What Are The Common Features Of A Printer?
The following are some common features that are associated with a printer.
#1. Printing Speed
A printer should produce at least 10 color pages and 20 black and white pages per minute.
#2. Printer Quality
Black and white print quality of 600 x 600 dots per inch is considered a good minimum standard. Color resolutions of 1200 x 1200 and above produce good quality prints.
3. Duty Cycle
A printer that is to be used in an office should be capable of printing at least 20,000 to 25,000 pages per month. While a home printer is considered sufficient if it is capable of printing at least 5,000 pages per month.
4. Ink Replacement Cost
Ink replacement cost should necessarily be considered when buying a printer. You can calculate a cost-per-page estimate by dividing the cartridge cost by the expected yield.
Although a printer can be connected to your device through a printer cable, USB cable, Bluetooth, and/or Wi-Fi network, Wi-Fi compatible printers are preferred nowadays.
What Is The Importance Of A Printer?
A printer has become a vital requirement for those who deal with documents, cards, labels, stickers, and all other items that are usually printed. It facilitates all of us directly or indirectly by turning digital data into print media. With the advancement in technology, printers have also developed, so they can also perform multiple other functions like scanning, copying, and faxing. a printer having these additional features can better serve wherever it is deployed.
Also Read:Printer For Real State Agents
Real state agents have to work with a lot of printed material, which includes brochures and contracts etc. so they should have printers that can work smoothly without any functional delay. Some printers that are capable of providing services efficiently have been enlisted below.
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
- HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw
- HP ENVY 5055
- Canon PIXMA TR8520
- HP LaserJet Pro Multifunction M428fdw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction M479fdw
- HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8035
- HP OfficeJet 5255
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
Printers are essentially important devices that help to print graphics and texts from computers and helps to transfer specific information to the paper. Printers are available in varied sizes, sophistication, speed, and cost. There are different types of printers in the market and therefore, users can select any desired printer according to their interests and preferences. The availability of different printers and their functions is essentially helpful to get desired printing without any problems and the involvement of higher costs