Deskjet printers have been serving us reliably for a very long. They are available in our markets with varying features and specificities and have been upgraded several times. People’s demand for Deskjet printers have always been increasing. There is durability as well as reliability makes them unique in many respects among all the printers available in the markets. Deskjet printers are durable to much extent, offering quick and efficient printing works for both domestic as well as commercial purposes. but they may be problematic sometimes. After deep research, we have been able to figure out the most common problems that one can face while working with a Deskjet printer. So, to know that what are the drawbacks of a Deskjet printer you are recommended to read this article thoroughly.
These problems have been discussed in the following.
1. Costly cartridge
The ink cartridge that is used in the Deskjet printer is costly because the manufacturing of the ink is too expensive. Original equipment printer manufacturers (OEMs) have claimed that the technology to manufacture the ink is too expensive. So much is spent to ensure top-notch quality and reliability of ink.
2. Water-based ink
The ink used by Deskjet printer is water-based it is so because they can deliver high-quality prints. But the problem with the prints so obtained is that they can readily undergo water harm and blurring may occur. Also, the time required for the drying of water-based inks is longer as compared to that required for solvent-based inks drying.
3. Cartridge cleaning
Ink cartridges often need cleaning. Although printers automatically carry out cleaning to some extent, but a thorough cleaning is required, which often squanders a considerable amount of ink.
4. Slower than laser printers
Laser printers can print up to 75 pages in a minute, but Deskjet printers are far slower than laser printers and can print up to 40 pages in a minute.
5. Color misprinting
Deskjet printers often misprint one or more colors or do not impart a color properly. After refilling a cartridge, it either prints dim colors or does not print at all.
6. Paper pick up issues
Initially, Deskjet printers pick up papers smoothly but after some time they often fail to pick up papers because their paper rollers stop functioning properly, and papers are needed to be pushed by hand particularly when a single paper is placed in the paper tray.
7. Slow printing
One of the main issues with Deskjet printers is that they cannot carry out quick printing. So, they cannot perform properly when someone needs a large number of quick prints.
8. Slow startup
Deskjet printers deliver too slow prints at the start. And their printing speed increases after printing 6 to 7 pages.
9. Low-quality prints on plain office paper
Sometimes inkjet printers deliver dim and fluffy prints on plain office papers.
10. Paper jams
Certain Deskjet printers are susceptible to paper jams more than others, as these printers are not mostly designed for heavy use so these can function properly only when they are used to print a few papers.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Printers
Following are the advantage and disadvantages of printers.
- The printed document is easier to be read by many people.
- Printed documents can be securely delivered from one person to the other.
- Once a document is printed, we need not spend energy, again and again, to read it as in the case of laptops, computers, tablets, and other such energy-consuming devices.
- A printer can print a large number of papers and can make copies of any content thus saving our time to a great extent.
- A printer can convert the content present in form of soft copies into a physical format.
- Different printers having various features can provide many services besides printing papers, some printers are also capable of scanning and faxing, thus they replace many other machines required for these purposes.
- Printers waste a large number of our resources like electricity, papers, and materials required for their manufacturing.
- Sometimes people working with printers carry out unnecessary printings thus encouraging energy wastage.
- Printers need a constant supply of papers which is too expensive particularly when someone prints photos because photo printing needs high-quality photo papers.
- The initial cost to buy a printer is considerably high particularly for a person who performs printing occasionally.
Advantages Of Inkjet Printers
- Its initial cost is lower as compared to another printer.
- They perform high-quality printing.
- It can print in vivid color which imparts sophistication to pictures being printed.
- It the easier to use, reasonably fast, and quieter than a dot matrix printer.
- This needs no warmup time.
Advantages Of Laser Printers
- Laser printers can print much more quickly than inkjet printers.
- Laser printers use toner which is melted through laser technology and is then made to fall onto your paper and thus adheres on the surface of the paper.
- Unlike the prints delivered by inkjet printers, prints delivered by laser printers do not bleed when they get wet.
- They don’t need warmup time.
Advantages Of Impact Printers
- As they can use multi-pass ribbons cost of consumables (ink) is low.
- They can bear harsh treatments.
- Impact printers can print multi-page documents like carbon copies and forms.
- They can efficiently print bar-codes.
Uses Of Inkjet Printers
- An inkjet printer uses ink that it propels in the form of droplets onto a paper, to print.
- It is used to print images, text, and graphics onto paper.
- They are most commonly used in small offices and homes but are also used by different commercial companies for various printing purposes like the production of flyers or brochures.
What Is Inkjet?
Inkjet is a small ink propelling device that is used in a printer and breaks the ink into tiny, charged droplets and makes them fall on the surface of a paper.
Best And Cheap Printer
The best and cheap printer is the one that performs excellent printing by saving time and energy. there are several printers available in markets with various features that are capable of carrying out excellent printings.
Machines and devices are always made to perform work excellently up to a certain limit. there always some aspects associated with a machine’s functioning and capabilities. these aspects should necessarily be kept in mind to choose the machine or device of your interest. There are various printers available in markets with fascinating features, but they also have some drawbacks. So, to make a reasonable choice one should consider some important aspects regarding the quality, durability, performance, and workability of these printers so that one can not only make them perform the task for which they are purchased but can also enjoy by getting the task done with ease.