- The paper jam issue can occur due to wrinkle paper or any mechanical problem with your printer. It requires patience to solve the issue. If you try to unjam it with a lot of force then, this effort may damage your printer, and you will have to face a significant loss.
- If the issue appears once in a while, then it may be because of the wrong paper. But if you are facing this issue again and again, then it means there is something wrong with your printer mechanism.
- Therefore it is good to send the printer to a repair center for solving the issue permanently. It is because it will be annoying if you have to unjam your printer during every printing job. But if the question arises once in a while, then you can take help from this superb guide to unjam the printer safely, without damaging any component.
- The solution to your issue is different for inkjets and laser printers. It is because the functioning and components are different from both the most trending printers. So read further for getting the solution for how to unjam a printers of your printer’s model.
A Quick Process To Unjam An Inkjet Printer:
Inkjets are one of the most popular technologies of printing. It has been widely used by the people who have a requirement of printing color images. As we know, the photo printing sheets are thicker than normal documents printing sheets. So it needs extra care and patience to remove it if it is stuck inside the printer. You will need to follow the below-given instructions to unjam your inkjet printer safely.
Turn It Off:
As the first step, it is good to turn your inkjet printer off and wait until it gets adequately shut down. It will reduce the chances of any damage, and for more safety, you can unplug the printer.
Open Main Cover:
The next thing that you have to do is to open up the main cover and take out all the loose papers from the input tray. Most printers featured with a button to open up the main cover safely. Press that button instead of opening it forcefully; it may damage your inkjet printer.
Remove Paper Slowly:
After opening the main cover, you can see the jammed paper. Now you have to grasp and pull it gently. It is because if the paper tears, then it will spread its fiber and will raise issues for further printing jobs. Hence the printer is turned off, but still, if you will pull the jammed paper roughly, then it may pinch or scrap your fingers. One can try the below listed safe tricks for how to unjam a printers.
- One can use tweezers for this task. By pulling the tweezers slowly, one can reach narrow areas and can tug from the left and right ends of the paper to remove it safely.
- If possible, then pull the paper to the regular direction of the printer.
- If you are not able to remove the paper without tearing, then pull the jammed paper out from both ends and then collect the torn pieces.
Remove Printhead Or Cartridges:
If you are not able to remove the stuck paper through the following above discussed ideas, then now you have to remove the printhead and cartridges. When you have eliminated the print heads, then you can easily reach to the torn paper scraps or the crumpled paper. Gently tug out the paper with both hands and pull safely downward.
Try To Print:
After removing the stuck paper, now you can try to print. Place all the components at their specific location and turn on the printer. It is because, if still there is any scrap available inside the printer head, it will clog the nozzle. The print head cleaning process will remove the clog.
if still, your printer is not working, then you will have to send it to a repair center. If the damage is huge and will cost a high amount to get repaired, then purchasing a new inkjet printer will be the best option.
Steps To Unjam A Laser Printers:
A laser printer offers a quick solution to the paper jammed issue. But this doesn’t mean you can remove the stuck paper forcefully. It also needs patience and gentle force to pull out the paper. You can follow the below-given steps to get the solution for how to unjam a printers.
Turn Your Laser Printer:
Turning off the printer will reduce the chances of damage. You can apply additional safety by unplugging your printer.
Wait For To Cool It Down:
We all know that laser printing technology uses fusers to place the texts on the paper permanently. The fusers work with heat. Thus the temperature is huge. It might cause injury if you touched it right after the printing process. So it is good to wait at least thirty minutes to get the fusers cool down.
Open The Main Cover:
After thirty minutes, you can safely remove the toner to reach the jammed paper. Pull out the paper gently until it is freed out properly. The gentle force will avoid the chances of paper tearing. If you are still not able to remove the paper, then you can move forward to the next method.
When it requires more force to rotate the rollers, then don’t do this. Instead of putting force, it will be better to pull out one roller to remove the jammed paper safely. In most printers, the rollers are attached with a hole and pin latch. Gently remove the pin to make yourself able to remove the roller easily. If there is any other mechanism with your printer to attach the rollers, then you can take help from the user manual guide to remove it carefully.
After removing a roller, it becomes effortless to pull out the jammed paper without any damage and paper tearing.
Take Help From A Repairer:
Hence the jammed paper is removed, but still, your laser printer is not working, It may be due to any minimal damage. At this time, it will be better to hire a repairer to repair it and to replace the damaged part.
I hope you have got the best solution for how to unjam a printers. The inkjet printers are often inexpensive than other traditional printers. But still, it is advised not to apply more force when you are facing paper jammed issues in your inkjet printer. One can sort out this issue quickly if they follow the tricks discussed in this article carefully and reduce the chances of any damage.
It is good to read and follow the user manual guide to remove any component while solving the paper jammed issue. It is because if you apply force to remove its parts then, maybe the expensive part gets damaged.