The wireless printers are the most appreciable gift of the printing industry to their users. It made the printing task easier. It has also reduced the expenses of the offices, or we can say reduced investment because one can set up multiple computers with a wireless printer for printing tasks. There is no need to purchase a separate printer for each computer in your office. You just have to place a wireless printer in the wifi network coverage area and set up multiple computers with it. But there is a requirement; you have to connect your wireless printer with the same wifi connection through which your computers are connected. After setting up for wireless printing, there is no need for a USB cable to attach a printer with your computer. Wireless printers not only work with computers. One can also connect it with their smartphones to print texts and images. Now our world has the latest wireless printers which can connect easily with computers. But it needs a proper process to follow.
There is also a specific procedure to connect the older models of wireless printers with computers. If you are not friendly with the process, then we are here to help you with this. How to set up wireless printers
Table of Contents
- How To Set Up Wireless Printers?
- Add Printer:
- Faq Section How To Set Up Wireless Printers:
- Is The Wireless Connecting Process The Same For Different Brands Of Printers?
- How Many Computers Can We Connect With A Wireless Printer To Print?
- Is This Possible To Give Printing Jobs To A Wireless Printer Through Smartphones?
- What To Do If The Printer Name Didn’t Appear In The Add Printer List?
- Is It Necessary For The Wireless Printer To Be Turned On Always?
- Simple Ways To Connect A Printer With Wifi:
- Bottom lines!
How To Set Up Wireless Printers?
The wireless printer is not required to connect with the computers with any USB cable. You can place it anywhere in your office within the range of wireless network areas. But it is possible with only the latest models. If you have an older one, then you have to set up the wireless configuration first by attaching it with your computer through USB cables. Its driver will help you to set up a wireless configuration.
But many of the latest models allow us to connect directly through the WPS push to connect feature. If your router and the wireless printer support the WPS feature, then you can simply connect it by pushing the WPS button of the printer. After two minutes, push the WPS button of the router and your printer is connected with wifi.
The next step is that you have to add a printer to your computer to print from it. We are going to describe the adding process for both Windows and MAC computers. Let’s have a look at the adding procedure for both Windows and Mac.
1. If you are using windows 7, then you have to open the control panel menu from the Start button. For Windows 8, you can simply open it by right-clicking the windows button.
2. Now you have to choose devices and printers from the control panel app.
3. There is an Add printer option at the top of the window.
4. After clicking on the add printer button, wait for a few minutes to get the list of available printers.
5. Locate the printer which you want to add.
6. Once you see the printer name in the list, then click on it to get the add option.
7. If it asks for any driver, then install it. Most printers didn’t ask for any driver for the adding process.
Now the wireless printer is added to your windows computer.
1. The very first is to click on the Apple menu and select system preferences.
2. Now choose the print & scan option from the results.
3. Wait for the results. After a few moments, you will get the list of all available printers.
4. Now you have to click on the “+” button to add the printer which one you want to add from the result list.
5. If there is any prompt to install any driver, then follow it.
6. Now your new printer is added to your Mac computer.
Get Ready To Print:
After adding the printer to your computers now it is ready to print. Your new printer will show in any application from where you want to print any document or image. If your new printer is not appearing in the list, then check the wireless connection. It may be because of different wifi connections between computer and printer. Sometimes it also gets disconnected when you restart your computer.
Faq Section How To Set Up Wireless Printers:
Is The Wireless Connecting Process The Same For Different Brands Of Printers?
Yes, it is mostly similar to all the wireless printers. If you have owned the latest model then probably it has the quickest connecting feature that is WPS. If your printer doesn’t support WPS push to connect features, then you can try another easy way as discussed above in this article.
How Many Computers Can We Connect With A Wireless Printer To Print?
The answer is numberless. But the thing is that the printer needs to be placed within the range of the same wifi connection with which your computer is connected. It will never work with different wireless connections.
Is This Possible To Give Printing Jobs To A Wireless Printer Through Smartphones?
Yes, you can send the printing data to your wireless printer through your smartphones. For this purpose, you will have to connect your printer with Google cloud printing for android devices, Air print for Apple devices, and other specific application support by your printer.
What To Do If The Printer Name Didn’t Appear In The Add Printer List?
If there is any issue with your driver software, then correct it first. If you weren’t able to get your printer in the list, then maybe there is some problem with your wifi connection.
Is It Necessary For The Wireless Printer To Be Turned On Always?
Yes, if you have to print regularly, then it is good always to turn it on. It is because sometimes it may lose wireless connection after getting turned off. For this, you can use the standby feature when your printer is not in use. When you put your printer in standby mode, it will sit in low power mode and consume less electrical power. You can activate it fully when you need to print something.
Simple Ways To Connect A Printer With Wifi:
For this, you will have to go to the configuration menu of your printer. Select wifi settings from the menu and then select the wifi network from the list. Enter the password to connect it with your wireless printer.
The wireless printers are more expensive than the non-wireless printers. But still, it will be a more affordable option for your office printing jobs. It is because it will be more accessible to purchase a wireless printer by spending 15 thousand rupees that can work with your ten computers instead of purchasing ten non-wireless printers for each computer. Just because of this advantage, we have considered it as the best gift from the printing technology to its users. If you are also going to purchase a printer for your office and do research for the best option, then immediately place an order for wireless printers without any doubt. Our article will help you with how to set up wireless printers.