Attaching a printer to your laptop is not very difficult. However, if it is your first time, you may find the task overwhelming. If you are considering how to set up a printer with your laptop, then keep reading. We will discuss how to print from a laptop.
Printers are essential to print out documents and photos and PCs were used to be in this game for a long time. Laptops are more commonly used nowadays than old-fashioned PCs in offices and at home.
Printing from a laptop is quite easy and hassle-free. It works almost like any PC, but we will still see how to set up a printer for your laptop.
Can You Print From A Laptop?
A general question that many people ask relating to printers is whether you can print from a laptop or not. The answer is simple. You can print from a laptop as easily as with a PC. A printer can be attached to your laptop in two ways
Through A USB Cable.
You can use a USB cable to attach the printer to a laptop. For that, you need a printer that comes with a USB cable connection.
Through A Wireless Connection.
You can connect the laptop with a printer through a wireless connection. A wireless connection works with WiFi or a simple Bluetooth technology.
We will discuss how to set up a printer with a laptop through all these methods.
Adding The Printer To Windows.
To add a printer into your windows, follow these simple steps.
- Go to the control panel of your windows
- Click on the devices
- Check to add printer or scanner
- Select the printer option
- See if your computer is recognizing the printer
- Click on installation
With these simple steps, your windows laptop will install the printer, so you are ready to take out print any time.
Laptop With Printer Port.
Let’s look at how to connect the Laptop with Printer Port
As we said, you can connect your printer with your laptop through a USB cable. Here are a few steps to set up the printer with a laptop through a USB cable.
- Make sure the printer is ready to print
- Before you connect the printer with the laptop, make sure it is turned off. Check it to ensure it has plenty of ink and paper and all the stuff is in a good position, ready to go.
Connect The USB Cable.
If your printer allows a USB cable connection, it should come with a USB cable as well. Connect the cable with both the printer and the laptop.
Installation Of Printer.
If you are choosing a USB cable, your laptop will automatically install the printer software. You can do it manually like we just mentioned above.
Once your laptop installs the printer software, you can order some quick prints from any application. Simply find the Print option or choose ctrl P to order some quick prints.
Wireless Printer For Laptop.
Wireless Printer for laptops is a bit different in use than the regular USB cable connection. It offers a simple method, and there is no rocket science involved in it as well. You can choose to connect through two mediums:
- Setting up a Printer With a WiFi Connection
- Through a Bluetooth Connection
Use the following method to connect through a WiFi connection:
- For a wireless connection, go to your Printer’s LCD screen to choose a Wireless Setup.
- Connect your printer with the WiFi system of your home or office.
- You may need to enter a Password depending on the security setting of your WiFi system
Setting Up Laptop.
Once your printer is set up, you can use your laptop to connect the printer through a WiFi connection in the same way. Once the printer is set up, and your laptop is recognizing the device, you can order prints from anywhere in the home or office as long as you are within the WiFi range.
Still, make sure your laptop is not too away from the wireless router so that you can have stable signals.
How To Set Up The Printer Through Bluetooth?
Connecting the Printer with Bluetooth is simple, like connecting it to a WiFi system. The only difference is Bluetooth range is a bit shorter than a WiFi system.
To use a Bluetooth-based wireless printer, you may need to add a Bluetooth transmitter to your laptop’s USB port. It is a small device that transmits signals to your printer.
Once you connect with the printer, the rest is the same. You will have to install the software of your printer on your laptop and follow the instructions.
Tips For Printing From A Laptop.
Here are a few tips for printing from a laptop:
- Always make sure your printer has an ample amount of printing ink and paper stock at its place
- Once you connect the printer with the laptop, do not take off the USB cable right away. Select remove hardware from the laptop and then take off the USB cable.
- Don’t remove the printer while it is still printing.
- Make sure the printer and laptop are within the router range in case you are printing through a wireless connection.
- Don’t unplug or turn off the printer while it is still printing.
- Turn off the printer when you are not using it and remove the cartridges if you don’t plan to use it for a long time.
Printing from a laptop is as easy as through a PC. You need to make sure your printer comes with a USB cable if you want to print through a USB connection. Even when your printer doesn’t have a built-in printer’s port, you can choose a wireless connection to print from your laptop. Whether you are printing through a Bluetooth or wireless connection or a USB cable, you need to install your printer’s software on your Laptop first, and the rest becomes easy.