The first thing that you will need for this task is a computer. A computer will help you to make designs and to send printing data to a printer.
- The next thing that is required to print tattoos is an inkjet printer. There is no need for any specific inkjet printer; a regular inkjet printer that can print high-quality color images is enough for this task. ‘
- To make the designs, you will need Adobe Photoshop or Adobe illustrator software on your computer. One can also use the Paint program for this task. But it is advised to use Adobe Illustrator for superb results.
- You do not print tattoos on simple printing paper. For this, you will have to purchase a Silhouette printable tattoo paper. One can find these papers easily on multiple craft stores, including Wall-mart and Amazon.
- To apply adhesive on the printed tattoo paper, you will need a bone folder or a Popsicle stick. After applying the adhesive on the temporary tattoo sheet, your printing task will be over, and now you can fix it on your skin.
- Use scissors to cut out the designs instead of applying a full sheet on your skin. These are the things that are required for tattooing skin. To get the entire process of how to make temporary tattoos with printers, read this exciting guide carefully.
Create Designs On Illustrator:
One of the best tools to create temporary tattoos. If you are not familiar with it, then you can use Adobe Photoshop or paint. But the results will look better if you will use the illustrator software. So it is good to learn how to use it for this task.
One can make their designs and can also copy-paste some unique designs from other websites. You will have to set the size of the sheet to 8.5 X 11 inches and set the PPI at 300. If you want to print more than one design, then you can add more sheets. If the other design can be adjusted in the same sheet, then avoid wasting expensive temporary tattoo sheets. One can also resize the design and add more colors to make them own.
Print The Design:
Once you have completed the design making task, flip the sheet. So it will mirror when you apply it on your skin. Now the time is to print the design. For this first, make sure of the way of printing of your inkjet printer. For this, you can use a normal sheet. Write something on it and print something. Thus you will get the way how the paper passes through the printer.
Once you get the way, then open the pack of Silhouette printable tattoo paper. You can see there is a green adhesive paper on the backside of the sheet. Remove this green paper and accurately put the glossy paper, so the design prints on the glossy side. After that press CTRL + P or click a print option from the file menu list. Now you can step forward to the next step of how to make temporary tattoos with printers.
Once the design is printed, set the sheet on a flat table and pick your bone folder or popsicle stick. Follow the below-given steps.
- Peel the top off from the back of the sheet along with a perforated edge.
- Smooth out the glossy side of the sheet by lining up the sticky side up.
- Now you have to use your bone folder or popsicle stick to smooth out the adhesive and push air bubbles out. For this pull the bone folder down towards you with a bit of force and pressure.
- Repeat it until the sheet gets properly smooth, and there is no air bubble appearing.
Cut The Design Out:
Now your temporary tattoo is almost ready. Use a scissor to cut out the design from the entire sheet. Apply the glossy sheet on your skin and follow the below-given steps.
- After applying it on your skin, you will have to peel the adhesive off.
- Take a wet washcloth to press the sticky side down onto the skin. Apply this wet washcloth and pressure to the back of the tattoo.
- Continue pressuring the tattoo for at least thirty seconds.
- Lift one of the corners of the sheet and check if the design is transferred on your skin or not.
- If yes, then pull the entire tattoo paper out and see the results.
- If no, then continue pressuring for a few moments more.
That’s all; your tattoo is successfully applied on your skin. It is a temporary tattoo. You can make it on your skin when going for a poop party. Try to put on some clothes which will help you to show your creative designs to your party mates. After getting the procedure of how to make temporary tattoos with printers, let’s have a look at some of its advantages and disadvantages.
Pros Of Temporary Tattoos:
- The first and significant advantages are that you do need to hurt yourself with needles and by prickling your skin.
- It is an excellent option for a person who doesn’t want something permanent on their body.
- One can also change the designs and locations with each attempt of applying temporary tattoos on their body. As an example, if you have to attend a marriage and are going to put on a saree. Then you can flaunt a beautiful tattoo on your waist. When going for a pool party then makes a temporary tattoo on your arms, shoulders, back or somewhere else where you want to.
- Sometimes the permanent tattoo causes skin disorders like rashes, scars, skin infections, and other allergic reactions. So it is good to have a temporary design on your body.
- One can remove the temporary tattoo when they want.
- If you want a permanent design, then you can try with a temporary tattoo. So you will be sure that the design will look nice or not on your body.
- The last but also one of the significant benefits is that a temporary tattoo will never disappoint you. If you don’t like the designs, then you can remove it quickly. But if you will get a permanent tattoo then removing it involves a lot of money.
Cons Of Temporary Tattoo:
The only disadvantage of the temporary tattoo printed by an inkjet printer is that sometimes the ink can also cause skin disorders like rashes and scars. Therefore, go with a temporary tattoo only when you are sure that your skin is not sensitive to inks.
So there are all you need to learn and all the required items for printing a temporary tattoo. Leave your comments to let us know your reviews about this article for how to make temporary tattoos with printers.