The invention of 3D printers has brought a revolution in the manufacturing industries and for innovative entrepreneurs. The additive technology to manufacture various objects at less cost and in less time is the reason behind the huge popularity of 3D printers. Furthermore, now we have an All-in-one machine that is also known as multicolor 3d printers, and this machine is more versatile than the previous ones. Have a look at the industries which have transformed printing technology and how to make money with a 3D printer.
Table of Content
- 1 Platforms to start selling:
- 2 Which 3d Printer Is Best For Making Money?
- 3 FAQ section:
- 4 Bottom lines!
Platforms to start selling:
- To start any business, one will need a platform. Thankfully there are also some websites available who are offering to sell their creative designs online. 3D hubs are one of them, where you can register through valid email id and start taking orders from this commercial 3D printing platform. You will have to list your printer as a service and printer details here, and you are ready to start selling items made through your 3D printer.
- Beyond 3D hubs, immaterialize and Shape ways are also ready to help you to start your business. The joining process is as easy as 3D hubs, and one will find many opportunities to make money with their 3D printers. You can work with those clients for whom you feel that they meet your needs best.
- With these websites, you will have a service where the platform will advertise your items by posting your designs, materials, and other specific details. It will help you to meet with more and more clients, and you can choose with whom you want to work further.
These are the platforms that help you with your query: how to make money with a 3D printers. Now have a look at the various services or which kind of items that you can make with it.
Services For Rapid Prototyping:
The rapid prototyping services are in high demand nowadays among the professional’s architecture, designers, engineers, and constructors. These businesses are thankful for 3D printers that have made the task easier to show their design to their clients. Some of the benefits they are getting from this beautiful invention are listed below.
- It decreases prototyping production cost and time.
- Through 3D printers, the chances of mistakes in the designs and fabrications are reduced.
- It offers all the possible variants to make of a specific design.
- The designer can increase the capability to produce the most intricate designs.
Not only are these benefits enough to force someone to use 3D printers. Many of the businessmen had so many tests, and they found this technology is far better than other traditional methods of prototyping. Now you could know how to make money with a 3D printers.
One can work as a middleman or service provider for those businesses that purchase the prototyping items from third parties. Before the invention or when this technology was not so popular, many of the businessmen were spending a lot of money on these items.
But now, you can avail them of the prototyping items at less cost, and they will be happy to cut their cost by purchasing their requirements at around 50% less amount.
Crafts And Products For Home Decorators:
It is another best way to make money with your printer. One can make various homemade products and personalized crafts and sell your items to dealers. The dealers will approach you to make more and more designs if they get their requirements in less time and at less cost.
All of their products, from furniture to unique lighting fixture and plumbing, all are superb looking.
Not only the businessman but are the consumers also happy. It is because they are getting excellent designs in fewer amounts.
The most popular jewelry companies are also taking advantage of this beautiful printing technology. The trend of making jewelry started when an American jeweler made a custom wedding ring from a 3D printer for his fiancé. After that, all the jewelers got a chance and a great way for how to make money with a 3D printers.
American Pearl Company is a perfect example of this term. They have started making custom jewelry through a 3D printer, and it has shown signs that it has reduced the cost of labor. Now they are selling their produced custom jewelry at more than 50% less amount.
You can start the business of making custom jewelry and start selling to direct customers or jewelers. It is absolutely a vast area that promises to offer considerable opportunities to make money with a 3D printer.
Schools And Colleges:
Many of the schools and colleges, especially medical colleges, use specific objects to make their students easy to understand the topic. These objects are beneficial for the practical sessions of courses in various subjects like engineering, medical, designer, architecture, and many more.
You are doing your business by providing them 3D printed items. But with your business, you are also helping students to understand their subject easily and the educational organization who cannot afford expensive objects which are made with traditional methods or machines.
Therefore, we can consider it as the best answer to your question of how to make money with 3D printers.
Which 3d Printer Is Best For Making Money?
All the 3D printers offer a real look to the digital files. But if you are going to purchase it as an investment, then a multicolor 3D printer is the best choice. It is because these multicolor printers have interchangeable tool heads, which makes it multifunctional.
As an example, with the ZmorfVX multicolor 3D printer, you will not only get a product to print. It can also work for you as a CNC cutting, milling, laser cutting, engraving machine. It means you can be able to produce a broader range of products and can expand versatility to income possibilities.
1. Is 3d Printing More Expensive Than Other Methods Of Prototyping?
Not! But this term also depends on the product and the materials. Maybe a small product can be produced by traditional machines at a cheaper cost than 3D printers. But if you need speed, then no other method can match the level of 3D printers.
2. How Long Does It Take To Produce A 3d Print?
Your 3D printer will take 30 minutes to one week or more to produce a 3D object. There are plenty of factors like size, geometry, and many more, on which the consuming time depends.
As the final lines, we can say that a 3D printer is an artistic outlet. It can be a great way to produce many commercial products and offer a lot of opportunities to sell your services. I hope you have got the idea of how to make money with a 3D printers. So, what are you waiting for? Go and start earning.