The empty ink cartridge alerts are frequent for inkjets printers. It is because the consumption level is huge. But still, who have a requirement to print high-quality color images, they didn’t have any other option rather than inkjets
The time is very annoying when you have to print any urgent job, and your printer alerts that there is not enough ink to print. If the user ignores the alert and continues printing, then the results are faded or color missing.
At this time, they have only one option that is to go to the ink stores immediately and replace the cartridges. This is absolutely a waste of time and money as well. But your little efforts and a bit of care can help you to avoid this annoying situation.
If you are a regular user, then you probably have an idea of how much your consumption is. When you feel that maybe the ink level is getting down, then you can check the ink levels to ignore faded or blotchy printouts. Even if you didn’t have any idea, still checking ink levels is a good effort.
Many of the users are not familiar with the ink level checking process. If you are one of them, then you are on the right page. Here you will absolutely find a great way for how to check the printer ink level of each printer brand.
Check The Ink Level On Windows Pc:
Whatever version you are using of Windows. The only way to check printer ink levels is through the control panel App. You can go with the specific way of your Windows software version to open the control panel. Follow the below-listed steps for the full process.
- Press the window button or click on the start menu.
- After getting into the control panel app, search for devices and printers.
- Now you can see all the connected printers with your computer on the window screen.
- A single click on the printer of which you want to check the ink level.
- Now, look at the status area which appears at the bottom of the section. Ink levels and other details are appearing there. You can click on that section to get more details.
Check Printer Ink Levels In Popular Brands:
Above, you have read about how to check printer ink levels in windows PC. Sometimes the detail section will not show ink levels. If this happens with you, then do not worry, we have another idea. You check ink levels through the specific process of different brands, as discussed below.
Ink Level Checking Process For Epson Printer:
The Epson printers are featured with status monitor utility, which makes this task much easier. One can access it through the start menu of the window, or in some models, it appears at home screen dashboards.
From here, you can check all the errors like paper jams, empty ink, etc. but one thing that needs to pay attention, if it didn’t show the ink level, then it means your cartridge is broken.
Ink Level Checking Process For Hp Printer:
To get the ink levels in HP printers, one will have to download and run a tool named HP print and scan doctor. The tool will also troubleshoot automatically after identifying any problem with your printer. Read the rest process below.
- Search for the option named printer/supply levels.
- Click on the option to get details of your ink cartridges and ink level.
If you are using Android, IOS, or Windows 10, then you will have to download the HP smart app. This app has made the ink level checking process easiest as you can see the ink level by just opening the app. At the home screen, it appears.
Ink Level Checking Process For Dell Printer:
- Click on the start menu and select the control panel.
- Select devices and printers which appear under the hardware and sound option.
- Click on the printer of which you want to check the ink level.
- Right-click to get the context menu.
- Choose printer properties or printer preferences from the context menu.
- Now locate the service tab.
- After clicking on the service tab, choose the dell ink level.
- You will have to print a test page to determine the ink levels of your Dell printer.
Ink Level Checking Process For Lexmark Printer:
Most of the models of Lexmark printers allow ink level checking through its display screen. If there is any issue with the display screen, then one can use a computer for the task of how to check printer ink levels.
One will have to download Lexmark P910 Series Utility. After opening the tool, you will have to select the cartridge tab. Here you can get the ink level of your Lexmark printer.
Ink Level Checking Process For Canon Printer:
- Download and run the Canon IJ Status Monitor tool.
- Open the tool after installing it.
- Select the maintenance tab from the home screen of the tool.
- You can see the level of your canon printer ink here.
- One can also get more details of how much ink is left in their printer by clicking on the ink detail option.
Ink Level Checking Process For Brother Printer:
The brother printer allows us to do this task in two different ways, as listed below.
1) Check Ink Level Through Display Screen:
- Open the menu option.
- Select ink or ink management from the maintenance menu.
- Now locate an option named ink volume.
- After selecting the ink volume option, the ink level will pop up on the display screen of your brother printer.
2) Check Ink Level Through The Computer:
- Open the control panel app and select view devices and printer.
- After double-clicking, the ink levels will be shown on the window screen.
Ink Level Checking Process For Kodak Printer:
The process of checking ink levels in Kodiak printers is far easier than other brands. It is because it allows us to do this task directly from the printer display screen. To check out the process read below.
- Press the home button and use navigation keys to reach the maintenance tab.
- Here you can check how much ink is left in your Kodiak printer, and you can get an idea of when it needs to be replaced.
Here is the detailed process for how to check printer ink levels of each reputed or widely used printer brand. After a particular time, it is good to check the ink levels once. It is because you will get the idea that when your printer will start running out of ink. You can replace the ink cartridge before it starts alerting for empty ink cartridges.
There is one more thing that I need to know for every printer user. If you still print even after the alerts, then there are a lot of chances for the ink to get dry and form clog on the nozzle. Therefore avoid these issues by putting in a bit of effort that checks ink levels on a regular basis.