iPhone users enjoy many useful options, and If you are wondering how do I set up a printer for my iPhone, then keep reading. In this article, we will discuss how to print through your iPhone with AirPrint. Printing from your iPhone is very easy and hassle-free. It can be done with Airprint technology, or you can also print with a WiFi connection. But for that, you need to have a wireless printer.
If you have an iPhone, then printing from it can be a little tricky for the first time. You cannot attach the printer with a USB cable, but that does not mean you cannot print through an iPhone. You can use your iPhone for printing your documents and photos conveniently.
Table of Contents
- How To Setup Your Printer For iPhone?
- What Is An Airprint?
- How To Airprint With An iPhone?
How To Setup Your Printer For iPhone?
Printing from an iPhone is not rocket science. It can easily be done with AirPrint technology. Most modern printers support AirPrint.
Printing with an AirPrint is easy and hassle-free, but what about printers that do not support AirPrint. You can still print from your iPhone if you have a wireless printer. We will explain how to print with AirPrint and a wireless printer.
What Is An Airprint?
AirPrint is an Apple technology that allows you to print from your phone or tablet without physically connecting the printer with your phone or laptop. With AirPrint, you can connect with the printer and print documents and photos right from your smartphone. You can print documents and photos without needing any drivers.
How To Airprint With An iPhone?
with AirPrint is easy and convenient. You don’t need to attach your printer with the device for printing.
Let’s look at the process step by step:
- Connect your iPhone and printer both with your wireless system.
- Open the document or photo you want to print from your iPhone.
- Touch the share icon that you can see on your screen.
- Select the print option from the menu.
- Select the printer you want to use. If your device is showing more than one device, you can select the one you want to use.
- Change the settings if you want to change any, like selecting black and white, print, or duplex printing, depending on your need.
- Tap the print option after making sure you have checked the settings.
- The printer will print your required photos or documents in no time.
Printing With A Wireless Printer.
Most printers these days support AirPrint, but still, if your printer does not support AirPrint, don’t worry. You can still print from your iPhone easily. For that, you need a wireless printer. A wireless printer can be used for some prints from your iPhone.
- For printing through a wireless printer, follow these steps:
- Ensure your printer and iPhone both are using the same WiFi network.
- Download the app of your Printer on your smartphone. For example, if you are using HP or Epson printers, you can download their apps on your phone.
- Open the app and configure your printer settings.
- Now go to your iPhone setting and select the WiFi option.
- Locate your printer through the Network setting for connecting your phone with the printer.
- Select the print option, and the rest is easy.
Let’s discuss some frequently asked questions relating to AirPrint and Printing from an iPhone.
How To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer?
Printing from your iPhone to HP printer is also very easy. The HP printers support AirPrint can be used for printing from iPhone. You can follow our given method to order some prints through your iPhone, and if you are wondering how to print from iPhone to Canon printer, it can also be done with the same method. With the AirPrint option, you can use any printer of your choice for an easy and hassle-free printing experience.
How To Print From Iphone Without Wifi?
You cannot print without a WiFi connection. iPhone only allows printing through AirPrint or a WiFi connection as you cannot use a USB cable, so printing from iPhone is not possible without a WiFi connection.
How Can I Print From My Printer Without Airprint?
Printing from iPhone is easy with AirPrint, but what if your printer does not support Airprint? You can still print from your iPhone with a wireless connection. All you need to do is to connect both the printer and iPhone through a wireless connection. With a WiFi connection, you can connect the devices and print easily.
Do I Make My Printer Airprint?
No, you cannot make your printer AirPrint if it does not support the technology. Printers are designed to support Airprint, and if they don’t support AirPrint, you cannot make them support it. However, if it is a wireless printer, you can still print with your iPhone.
Can I Print From My iPhone With A USB Cable?
You can use the USB cable for printing only if your iPad or iPhone has an OTG USB cord. Not all phones support OTG, so you can print with a USB cable to attach to the printer.
You can connect the printer with the OTG USB port and activate the printing process.
Printing from iPhone or iPad is different than the other smartphones, PCs, or laptops. The iPhone does not allow you to connect the device to a third party. However, with Apple’s Airprint technology, printing becomes easy. You can print through from iPhone or iPad with this technology. Nowadays, most printers support Airprint technology. This technology allows you to print through a WiFi connection. You don’t need to physically attach the printer with the smartphone with a USB cable.