A huge part of being a graphic designer means making sure that the art you create on a screen looks just as good printed on paper. After all, this is how you’ll often be presenting your creations to others.
This means that you need a high-quality printer that will keep up with your needs. Not every printer is designed to keep up with your needs, though. Luckily, these 10 best printers for graphic designers can keep stride and make sure your creations look just as good on paper as you designed them to.
List Of Best Printers for Graphic Designers.
- HP Envy 5055
- Canon Pixma Pro-100
- Canon Pixma iX6820
- Canon IP8720
- Brother MFCJ6945DW
- Epson Expression XP-15000
- rother MCF-J470DW
- Brother Business HL-L8360CDW
- Epson Expression Premium XP-6000
- Epson Expression XP-8500
- Lexmark C3326dw
- Brother HL-L3210CW
- Canon MF741Cdw
Top 13 Best Printers for Graphic Designers Review in 2021
These are our reviews for the best printers for graphic designers that you can get your hands on.
It is the age of graphic designers, and the one thing they need is a printer to showcase their work professionally. The graphic designer usually works with colors, so a color printer is a must for them and one more functionality they need is that the printer must know a handle a significant workload.
What is the goal of having a printer as a graphic designer and not understanding your prior need for a printer? We are here with 13 most professional printer for all those graphic designers out there who needs a printer at the most. All these mentioned printers are suitable to handle a significant workload.
1. HP Envy 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
One of the reasons that the HP Envy 5055 Photo Printer is considered a candidate for the best color laser printer for graphic designers is the convenience it offers. This is thanks to the HP Smart app. This app helps you set up the printer quickly but it also expands the functionality of the printer.
In addition to making setup easy, this app will also let you print photos off of social media platforms and out of Cloud storage such as iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
The page size of the printer is slightly limited because the largest page it prints is a standard page size of 8.5 in. x 11.7 in. with a minimum of 3 in. x 5 in.
However, it does make up for this by accepting a wide variety of paper types including plain paper, high-resolution paper, envelopes, and high-gloss photo paper.
This is also an exclusively wireless printer that needs Wi-Fi to operate properly. It doesn’t support USB or ethernet cable use. It does support Apple Air Print, HP ePrint, and Mopria Print Service, though, which adds to its versatility. For most users with reliable Wi-Fi, this reliance on Wi-Fi won’t cause a problem.
- This printer is excellent for image printing.
- You can print a 4 x 6 inches photo
- This printer supports borderless printing
- It is a printer with versatile productivity for its users
- You can insert 100 pages at a time
- This printer provides bold and sharp text on paper.
- You can use a black color cartridge for better results.
2. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
The Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer is a detail-oriented printer that can print images up to 13 in. x 19 in. However, it can also print smaller images as well, putting it well in the running as one of the best business card printers for graphic designers as well.
It uses 8 dye-based inks to ensure vibrant colors including yellow, magenta, photo magenta, cyan, photo cyan, gray, light gray, and black. The printer also features something called the Optimum Image Generating System.
This analyzes the colors in the image you’re trying to print and creates ink combinations that will produce exactly what you need. It also prints images with fine technology supporting 4800 x 2400 dots per inch which means your designs won’t lose any of their lusters when they’re printed because the printer captures incredible detail.
It can take a couple of minutes to print a photo, but this is fairly standard images with high color and high resolution to take longer to print. The printer features an Output Tray Automatic Sheet Feeder. This holds up to 150 sheets of plain printer paper, 20 sheets of 4 in. x 6 in. photo paper, or 10 sheets of 8 in. x 10 in. letter paper.
- You can use 8 Dye-based inks in this printer.
- This printer support 3 inches x 19 inches of paper.
- A manual feeder is available in the printer
- You can now print computer-free printing in this printer
- This printer offers Optimum Analysis and Mixture of Color
- It has a built-in CD and DVD Printing for easiness.
- Ink Tanks set up is quite simple.
3. Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Business Printer
If you want one of the best laser printers for graphic designers that offer a variety of sizes, you might want to check out the Canon Pixma iX6820. It’ll help you print off documents and photos ranging in size from 4 in. x 6 in. to 13 in. x 19 in.
The printer also features a maximum color DPI of 9600 x 2400. In other words, it’s meant to recreate a detailed image of the graphic design piece you’re printing off. This is helped along by the five ink tanks it depends on to create the necessary color blends.
These individual ink cartridges are convenient because once they’ve been filled once, you can selectively refill them as they run out. Since the printer comes with setup ink tanks, you don’t need to buy them all at once. These tanks include black, pigment black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. Canon also uses its My Image Garden program with this printer. This gives you the chance to use features such as filters and facial recognition.
- Use a glossy photo paper for enhanced productivity.
- The quiet mode is available in the printer
- This printer offers auto on and off.
- It is mandatory to use a high-speed USB for fast results.
- The resolution is superior in the printer as it is 9400 x 2400 dots.
- Highly pigmented Ink is used by this printer.
- Manual is available in the printer to set this printer in a few minutes.
4. Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer
Like the Canon Pixma iX6820 printer, the Canon IP8720 printer earns its place as one of the best Inkjet printers for graphic designers thanks to its versatile ink tanks.
It includes five separate tanks for black, photo black, yellow, cyan, and magenta. Like the last model, this printer comes with setup ink tanks to get you ready for your first printing job.
You can print off photos up to 13 in. x 19 in. on this printer with a maximum color DPI of 9600 x 2400. This will allow you to print off even your more detailed graphic designs while still preserving their integrity.
You can even print from Google’s Cloud Print, AirPrint, and Pixma Printing Solutions, or PPS.
The printer does need Wi-Fi to connect to devices as it doesn’t offer a physical connection to the devices it prints off of. The printer has a compact design that fits neatly onto any desk or table without being intrusive.
One of the ways it saves space is to use a single sheet tray to preserve space. While it does this nicely, it also makes it more difficult to switch between paper types.
- You can print stunning borderless images with this printer.
- Pixma Printing Solutions is an application in this printer.
- There is a Disc tray in this printer
- A good Internet connection is all you need to operate this printer.
- Full HD Movie Print is an excellent feature in this printer.
- Envelope printing is available in this fantastic printer.
- Air Print is the quick option for printing in a few seconds.
5. Brother MFCJ6945DW INKvestment Inkjet All-in-One Printer
The Brother INKvestment Printer is a large printer, granted, but with that size comes plenty of functionality that makes it one of the best online printers for graphic designers.
It’s designed with small or home office use in mind, so it doesn’t hold back on features. It can be used to scan, copy, and fax items as well as print them.
The printer features three paper trays including a pair of 250-sheet drawers on the front of the device and a 100-sheet drawer on the back for a total 500-sheet capacity.
These paper trays hold up to tabloid-size paper which is 17 in. x 11 in. but will hold smaller papers such as standard printing paper as well.
It’s also well-praised for not eating ink up in high volumes every time you use it. You can check the Brother Page Gauge to get an estimate of when you’ll need to replace the ink cartridge.
Alternatively, you can enable Dash Replenishment to allow for automatic orders of cartridges when the ink starts to get low so that you have more on hand right away. The only downside is that the printer has to be refilled with Brother Genuine Inks.
- You will Get Up to 1-Year of Ink in the box
- There is a Page Gauge in the printer that Lets You Print with Confidence
- There are two trays in the paper for efficient working.
- Connect a 2.0 USB for quick turnaround.
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet are both available in the printer.
- You can print 11 x 17 inches of paper in this printer.
- Duplex copying and scanning are both available in the printer.
6. Epson Expression XP-15000 Wireless Printer
The Epson Expression XP-15000 Printer is a full-color, wide-format printer. It prints photos up to 13 in. x 19 in. without any border. It also supports picture sizes as small as 4 in. x 6 in. and double-sided printing.
The color palette includes red and gray inks which help create vibrant reproductions of your graphic design pieces with ease.
The printer features a rear tray that holds up to 50 sheets of specialty media materials including cardstock. The front tray holds up to 200 sheets of material as well. It’s also 30% smaller than the previous model that Epson released which makes sure it fits easily on your desk without taking up too much space.
One handy feature that puts this printer in the running for the best laser printers for graphic design is its Dash Replenishment. This feature keeps track of how much ink you use and how much you have left.
When you start to run out, it automatically orders more to keep you stocked and ready to go. Unfortunately, the printer is only compatible with Epson-brand ink cartridges – third-party cartridges won’t work.
- Card stock printing is an excellent feature of this printer.
- Wide-format paper is available in the printer.
- This printer support 6 individual ink system.
- Ultimate Wireless and Wired Connectivity are all that you need in a printer.
- Simple setup and easy navigation for fast working.
- Use Epson genuine ink for better results.
- There is a cleaning sheet to make this printer a stunning one.
7. Brother MCF-J470DW Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer
The Brother MCF-J470DW Printer is a solid choice among professional printers for graphic designers thanks to its all-in-one design. It works not only as a photo printer but as a fax machine, scanner, and copying machine as well.
It even features an auto-feeder for documents as well as an auto-duplexer that allows for double-sided printing.
The only downside to this wide functionality is that the design isn’t necessarily geared towards sleekness. It also features an analog panel with an LCD screen rather than a touchscreen which gives the printer a somewhat outdated appearance. However, it’s nowhere near as bulky as the fax machines of yesteryear.
Users can connect to this printer via Wi-Fi or through a USB connection. The printer doesn’t offer an ethernet connection option but with both a physical and online connection present, it’s easy enough to get by without one.
A Wi-Fi connection will allow Cloud printing which you can’t do solely through the USB connection. You can also take advantage of the app Brother has on your Windows, iOS, or Android phone.
- Fast Color Printing is available in this printer on Demand
- Now mobile printing is convenient in this printer.
- Easily navigate menus are the best part of the printer
- Web Connection is available in this printer.
- Versatile scanning is another great feature of the printer.
- An automatic document feeder is also available in the printer.
- This printer copies 20-25 pages at a time.
8. Brother Business HL-L8360CDW Color Laser Printer
The Brother Business Color Laser Printer is made to handle anything an office throws at it. It prints quickly at a rate of up to 33 pages per minute which, along with a number of other beneficial features, makes it one of the top printers for graphic designers.
It also has a low cost to print per page and has a high yield thanks to a pair of 6,500-page replacement toner cartridges. This printer model is also flexible in how you connect to your devices.
You can connect wirelessly over your Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable if you prefer a physical connection. You can also print off of this printer from a mobile device as long as its NFC capable. Users can also set the printer up to use the integrated card reader for the NFC card. This allows offices to verify usage with badge identification.
Overall, this model can hold up to 1,300 sheets of paper when all the optional trays are used. This includes two main trays, one with a 250-sheet capacity that’s adjustable to hold letter paper or legal paper. The second main compartment has a 50-sheet capacity and serves as a multi-purpose tray.
- This Brother printer is a laser printer.
- Label printing is available in the printer.
- A high-quality color printer is another excellent aspect of the printer.
- USB and Gigabit Ethernet are both available in the printer.
- The resolution of the printer is 2400 x 600 dpi, class
- This printer Helps in reducing the operating costs.
9. Epson Expression Premium XP-6000 Wireless Color Photo Printer
The Epson Expression Premium XP-6000 is a quick, reliable, and dedicated photo printer. It can print images ranging from a standard 4 in. x 6 in. to a larger 8 in. x 10 in. For a 4 in. x 6 in. photo, you only have to wait about 15 seconds before the image is ready which is pretty fast even among high-quality printers for graphic designers.
This is also another model that uses individual ink cartridges. This is done, in part, to help you save money by only replacing the colors you need, as you need them. However, it is worth noting that you still need to make sure to buy only Epson cartridges because the printer isn’t compatible with third-party ones.
The printer has a wireless connection that expands beyond just your PC or laptop too. You can also connect a wireless device such as a tablet or smartphone to print from there. It even features auto-duplex printing, room for a pair of memory card slots, and a pair of built-in USB ports.
Finally, the printer has a small, sleek design that allows you to fit it anywhere you want. Since it isn’t meant to print a full-page document, it doesn’t need the same space to operate.
- The first print will out in just 15 seconds.
- DVD trays are available in this printer.
- There are hassle-free features in this printer for better productivity.
- The automatic document feeder is an excellent part of the printer.
- The touch panel of the printer is easy
- The Ink of this printer is affordable.
- The borderless printer of 8 x 10 inches applies to the printer.
10. Epson Expression XP-8500 Wireless Color Photo Printer
The Epson Expression XP-8500 Photo Printer is one of the many options when it comes to printers for graphic designers. However, it easily stands out from the crowd thanks to its extensive compatibility, speed, and high-quality.
As for speed, you can expect a photo that’s 4 in. x 6 in. to print out as little as 10 seconds. This includes a full-color photo which makes this exceptionally fast since most printers are slower when colorful images are used.
The printer also uses 6 Clarian Photo HD ink tones which helps to replicate colors accurately, even more, challenging colors such as skin tones. While a 4 in. x 6 in.
prints quickly, it isn’t the only size that you can print in. You can create high-quality photos without borders up to 8 in. x 10 in. This is also another model that’s compatible with Dash Replenishment.
That way, you don’t have to worry about running out of ink right when you need it most. The printer is wireless, so you can connect your PC over Wi-Fi. You can also depend on USB slots to create a physical connection as well.
- Wi-Fi option is available in the printer for a stunning result.
- You can use the 6 individual ink system in the printer.
- This printer delivers smooth gradations in the printer.
- The excellent skin tones of the printer are stunning.
- Built-in USB and memory card slots both are accessible in the printer
- CD-ROM is in the box for the setup of the printer.
- Easily create custom borderless photo is available in the printer.
11. Lexmark C3326dw – A Laser Pritner Review.
For a graphic designer, it is highly mandatory to buy a printer that suits their workload. This Lexmark printer has a tray with an adequate capacity of 250 sheets. Other than this, this printer offers a single sheet feeder to make your prints fast.
We know that printing technology is a laser, and for a graphic designer, it is crucial to have the latest technology in a printer as their work demands efficient productivity. You can place this printer anywhere in your room as it is a small printer.
It is wireless, and this helps in connecting the Wi-Fi in just a few seconds. As it is a wireless printer, it also provides mobile printing, Google cloud printing, and Air printing for a fast turnaround. Another connectivity option is that you can connect a USB and Ethernet.
Lexmark promises to keep your documents and information private and confidential, and this printer provides all safety measures. It is a printer with a fast turnaround, and in just a minute, you can have 26 pages in your hand. Besides, you need to download the application for better editing and outstanding results.
- The form factor of this printer is print only with fast turnaround
- It is a small printer.
- Lexmark provides you all the safety measures,
- The durability of the printer hands-off
- It has a 2-line display touchscreen
- The printer has a512 MB of memory storage.
- You can print 26 pages in a minute.
12.Brother HL-L3210CW – A Digital Color Printer Review.
It is a printer that will never stop and keep your work moving all the time. Fast printing helps you to move faster. It usually prints 19 pages in a minute and with extremely stunning results. The professional quality print comes with rich and vivid color documents to showcase your work most professionally.
As it is a laser printer, it keeps your digital color printing at the move. The paper handling of the printer is Versatile and is mainly to increase the productivity of your work.
This Brother printer minimizes all the refills as it has a 250 sheet paper tray. If you want to print a letter or even a legal paper, then no worries as this printer adjusts itself according to your command.
The manual feed slot of any printer handles differently sized of the printer, and in this printer, cardstock and envelope printing is also available.
- It is a wireless printer with mobile printing availability.
- You can connect your USB for fast printing
- Use brother Ink for better results.
- Tha Manual feed slot is all you need in a printer
- The paper handling of this printer is versatile.
- Allows a variety of sizes of paper printing.
- You can print cardstock and envelopes in the printer.
13. Canon MF741Cdw – A Multifunctional Printer Review.
It is a Multifunctional printer with a significant turnaround. In the box, there is a Power cord User software in DVD, a manual for instructions, and a warranty card. It has all the possible options of connectivity like USB printing, Ethernet connection, Wi-Fi accessibility. Installation of this printer is easy and quick.
This printer support Media Types of both Cassettes and Stack Bypass. Whether you have recycled paper, coated paper, and thick paper, this printer supports all types of media types.
The touchscreen of the printer helps you to enable a chance for quick navigation. Another great feature of the printer is that it offers duplex printing. The print quality of the printer is stunning, and it gives vibrant images on the paper. As a graphic designer, this is all you need is a printer where you can showcase your work with stunning color patterns on paper.
- This printer offers wireless printing.
- USB Printing is another excellent feature of the printer
- >It is a multifunctional printer
- The navigation of the printer is easy.
- This printer comes with all the instructions
- The touchscreen of the printer is easy to use
How To choose Best Printers For Graphic Designers Buying Guide.
Your printer must have a duplex printing option. Before this, many printers do not offer this option, and people were okay with it. However, now the case is different as we all are busy, and we need a printer that may do 90% of the work itself. It also includes the duplex printing availability as you will not stand for each page printing and then turn it.
Therefore, a printer needs to have all the facilities to move fast and does not stop for once. Whenever you are in a hurry to buy a printer, then one thing is that you must look for a duplex printing option in the printer as it will help you in the future. Do extensive research, read the printer’s specifications to have a certain knowing bout your printer’s specifications.
What if you have a printer with only an ethernet option and no Wi-Fi at all? What would you do? It is a waste of time, as everything now relates to your internet connection. Therefore, it is imperative to have a printer with all the connectivity options available in the printer.
Yes, you can have an ethernet connection in the printer but Along with the Wi-Fi option. If your printer only has ethernet connectivity, then it is like a mobile phone with no internet. Therefore, you need to look for a printer because it has all the possible connectivity options to save your precious time.
Whenever we think of buying a printer, there is one thing that causes trouble and stops us from buying the printer. Yes, printers are now affordable, but the toner’s price has already been an issue for many users.
You will think of a brand and find a good printer for yourself, but you may take a step back when buying the toner. Toners are the most expensive part of the printer, and most of the time, it is costly than the total amount of the printer. Besides, every few months, your toner will end, and you may have to repurchase it.
This is the problem, and we have a solution as well. Yes, there are brands with expensive toner, but there are also brands with affordable printers.
Does A Graphic Designer Need A Printer?
Yes, for a graphic designer, the printer is a must machine to buy. All graphic designers need a portfolio for themselves on which they can portray their work and show it to the world. Not every time they have it online. In such cases, paper always helps graphic designers to show their work.
Which Printer Brand A Graphic Designer Should Look For?
As for a graphic designer, Hp and brother printer should be the inclination. Both these brands are compatible with the work graphic designer put on. Their work is sensitive, which is why they need a printer that is efficient and understands the nature of their work.
Does Duplex Capability In A Printer Is A Must For A Graphic Designer?
For a graphic designer, the need for duplex capability in a printer depends on the necessity and requirement of the user. If he or she needs a double-sided page to portray their work, then it is crucial to look for duplex availability in a printer.
Does Printer Size Matter For A Graphic Designer?
Yes, printer size is a must to know for a graphic designer. The reason is quite simple as their work is intense most of the time. They need a professional printer, which is usually significant. The small printer may not provide all the features a graphic designer wants. Therefore, a graphic designer needs to look at a printer size as well while buying a printer.
Monochrome Or Color Printer. Which Should Be The Preference For A Graphic Designer?
As for a graphic designer, color printing should be their preference. The reason is that most of their work is in color. The monochrome printer might not help them in any way, as the color printer is a necessity for them.
Every graphic designer needs and deserves a printer that can keep up with their workload. Each of these printers offers its own unique pros and cons, allowing you to choose which one has the right features that you need. As a whole, each of these printers is exceptional in its own way.