Having the best all-in-one printer at home can save you from having to pay to have things printed, scanned, or copied. As a bonus, you can get the best printer for under 50. Have things to print? You might need a cheap printer for school, your home office, or even personal use. In the age of digital everything, that might seem shocking. But no matter the reason, you’re sure to need to print something at some point. Most people do. Your search for a new printer should start here. For personal or small home office uses, we’ve made a list of ten cheap printers that are proven to produce crisp, vibrant prints. Take a look at our reviews of the best budget printers below.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Of 10 Best Printer Under 50 In 2020
- Top 10 Best Printer Under 50 Reviews In 2020
- 1. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- 2. Canon Pixma MG3620 All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer
- 3. HP DeskJet 1112 Compact Printer – Best Printer Under 50
- 4. HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Compact Printer
- 5. Canon MG2520 Color Photo Printer – Best Printer Under 50
- 6. Epson Expression Home XP-4100 Color Printer
- 7. Epson Expression Home XP-4100 Wireless Color Printer
- 8. HP DeskJet 3634 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer
- 9. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All in One Photo Printer
- 10. Canon PIXMA MG3020 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- 11. HP OfficeJet 3830 – A Wireless Printer
- 12. Canon MX492 – An All-in-One Printer
- Buying Guide
- FAQs Best Printer Under 50
- Wrap Up
Comparison Of 10 Best Printer Under 50 In 2020
|HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer|
|Canon Pixma MG3620 All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer|
|HP Deskjet 1112 Compact Printer|
|HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Compact Printer|
|Canon MG2520 Color Photo Printer|
|Epson Expression Home XP-4100 Printer|
|Canon TS5120 Wireless All-In-One Printer|
|HP DeskJet 3634 Compact All-in-One Printer|
|Canon PIXMA TR4520 All in One Photo Printer|
|Canon PIXMA MG3020 Photo Printer|
|HP OfficeJet 3830|
Top 10 Best Printer Under 50 Reviews In 2020
These are our reviews of the ten best printers to suit your home and office needs. If what you’re looking for is a less expensive printer, these fulfill both requirements, as they’re also the best printers under 50!.
1. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
The Envy 4520 is a predominantly wireless-capable printer that you can use for any kind of everyday need. It can print, scan, copy – whatever you need it to do and expect from an all-in-one printer, and it can hand.
It sets up quickly with the 2.2-inch display and on-screen guide. While the printing quality is excellent, the scanning quality could be improved, particularly for images. It works fine for documents.
Additionally, you can print forms and measured pages on-demand. This includes ruled notebook paper, calendars, graph paper, and more. If you use any of those things regularly, it’s an appreciable bonus of this printer. It’s a unique feature that we felt needed to be pointed out.
Keep in mind that if you allow your printer to do so, it will automatically order new ink cartridges any time yours runs low. This is not a free service, even if you plan on recycling your old cartridges. You may want to make a note of this point and turn off the setting that triggers this function if you don’t have an immediate need to print things.
- It is a wireless printer, and mobile printing is also available in this printer
- No need to buy a scanner or fax machine separately, because this is an all-in-one printer.
- Auto two-Sided printing is also available
- You can print borderless prints in this printer
- Envelope printing and legal-sized Printing is available in the printer.
- Duplex print.
- The setup is simple.
- The ink cartridges are expensive to replace.
2. Canon Pixma MG3620 All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer
If you happen to be a parent or student who’s on a budget, this is a fantastic inkjet printer for you. This is the best printer under 50. Print essays, projects, and more simply and efficiently. Since it’s an all-in-one printer, you can also scan, copy, and fax when you need to.
Whether it’s being used in a dorm room or home office, it will fit into most color schemes. That’s because it comes in black, white, or red, and has a rather sleek design to it. Part of that design is flawed, however, as this printer lacks a display.
This can make it hard to troubleshoot any problems because you have to either read the error code from your phone or decipher the blinking light. Still, if you want a reliable all-in-one printer for regular use, this is a great little printer that will suit almost all of your needs.
- NFC is another great option in the printer
- The wireless setup means no more time-wasting
- Mobile Device printing is an excellent part of this printer
- A two-sided auto printing is also available in the printer
- Wi-Fi connectivity is an excellent feature of Canon Pixma MG3620.
- It’s easy to print.
- It comes in three colors.
- USB cable.
- Comes with setup black and color inks.
- It has no display screen.
3. HP DeskJet 1112 Compact Printer – Best Printer Under 50
If you really do just need a basic printer, we’ve got options that cover that, too. DeskJet 1112 is one of them. This machine is truly basic – that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but don’t expect it to come with all the bells and whistles.
There’s no wireless connectivity and no mobile printing with this printer, and it doesn’t do copies, scans, or faxes. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t one of the best printers, especially under 50 dollars.
What it is is compact. It will fit in nearly any available space you have for it. It’s also energy-efficient, so no matter how much printing you have to do, you won’t be racking up a high energy bill.
- A compact printer which can be placed anywhere in the home
- USB Printing is available in the printer
- You can print stunning photographs in this printer
- The letter, Envelope, and Legal sized Printing
- Input capacity: 60 sheets in this printer
- Consistently and reliably prints.
- Simple home uses.
- Warranty for one year.
- Cartridges don’t last very long.
4. HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Compact Printer
This is another all-in-one printer that comes with some of the newer features included for convenience. For example, it has Wi-Fi Direct, which means you can connect your smartphone or tablet to the printer for a variety of jobs without any kind of network.
If you’re picky about aesthetics, this printer comes in plain white or with an attractive blue trim that will fit in most modernly decorated rooms. It’s small enough that it won’t take up a noticeable amount of space in your dorm room or home office.
The input and output trays extend and fold up, so you can decide just how much space you want it to use. This printer has been known to eat up a lot of ink while working, so be aware of that ahead of time and order some additional cartridges just in case. Additionally, it may lose wireless connection, particularly with computers or laptops, so have a USB cord on standby.
- Air Printing and Wireless Printing is available in the printer.
- Set up the printer only takes a few minutes.
- Output tray size is compact
- This printer support 8 x 10 inches paper
- It is an All-in-one Printer
- It comes with white or blue trim.
- Mobile app for convenience.
- Great for all of your printing.
- Uses a lot of ink compared to its competition
5. Canon MG2520 Color Photo Printer – Best Printer Under 50
If you get this printer, go in knowing exactly what it is you’re paying for. It’s great at quickly printing black-and-white text and images, and takes a little longer to produce colorful images and documents. But it does both beautifully.
After a quick installation, this printer is ready to dish out any printing jobs you give it. Paper loads into the machine easily through the top, and it comes with both black pigmented ink and colored dye cartridges.
It is small, and that includes the paper catch. We’re not big fans of how short it is, but some people don’t mind it and may even prefer it. Higher-volume jobs should be done in increments to avoid jamming issues, so keep that in mind.
- In this printer, it only takes a minute to print 8 black and white images.
- This canon printer includes ink in the box
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac
- You can print on glossy photo paper
- An inkjet printer to make things easy for the user.
- Prints quickly
- Comes with dye colored ink and black pigment ink
- Simple installation
- Paper loads easily at the top
- The printer seems to jam easily
6. Epson Expression Home XP-4100 Color Printer
One of our favorite things about the XP-4100 is the color LCD display that it features. You can pop it out and adjust it to up to a 45-degree angle, which makes it easier to see exactly what you’re doing. Additionally, it’s very easy to hear and feel that you’ve pressed a button, and navigation is simple.
You can manually enter details like passwords for the Wi-Fi with this display, but that may take a considerable amount of time. Primarily, this is because you have to use the navigation keys to cycle through letters, numbers, and symbols, including capital letters.
It’s small and compact but not as tiny as some other models, so keep that in mind when ordering it. It also uses a rear-mounted slot for feeding the paper in, so be sure that wherever you place it, there’s space behind it to account for that.
Our favorite thing about this printer is that it can be operated not only wirelessly, but with voice commands as well. That’s a stellar feature for convenience. It will also print from SD and micro SD cards, but you will need an adapter for the micro SD card to go that route. Also, it can be a bit sow with scanning and copying. The reproduction quality can also be a little questionable at times, depending on the kind of paper you’re feeding into the printer. But if those things don’t bother you, this is one of the best printers under 50 USD that you’ll find.
- It is a wireless printer which supports Wi-Fi too.
- Scanning and copying is also available in the printer
- A color printer to print photographs.
- Voice-activated Printing is also available in the printer
- The navigation of the printer is easy
- Mobile devices
- Color LCD
- Voice commands
- You can’t use any refillable cartridges or ink
7. Epson Expression Home XP-4100 Wireless Color Printer
If you want a printer that works well and uses cartridges that won’t break the bank, the Canon TS5120 might be a fantastic fit for your home or small office. Additionally, you can use different sizes of cartridges, including XL-sized ones.
Depending on how much you plan to print or copy, this could help you to save a bit of money in the future. The wireless and Bluetooth capabilities may seem a little spotty from time to time, so have a USB cable ready just in case it happens to be one of those days.
But, it works great for printing from your phone or other mobile devices most of the time, we didn’t notice any problems with that. The construction leaves a lot to be desired, though. It just feels fragile. This is especially true with the paper tray, which can be a bit sensitive during handling. Keep that in mind and exercise caution when moving or adjusting this printer, and you shouldn’t have any problems. If you’re careful with it physically, this is the best printer under 50 to meet your printing needs.
- This printer is compatible with Google Cloud Print.
- Connect your mobile phones and enjoy Printing
- The size of the printer is compact and sleek
- It is compatible with both Mac and Windows OS.
- It is a Fast printer
- Comes in either black or white to fit your space’s decor
- Can use different size ink cartridges including XL
- mobile apps
- Has a flimsy, sensitive paper tray
8. HP DeskJet 3634 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer
DeskJet are typically some of the better InkJet type printers you can get. They’re remarkably good at printing pictures and images. The DeskJet 3634 is no exception and can print gorgeous, borderless images like it’s no work at all.
This all-in-one printer will fit on nearly any desk, shelf, or table without a problem. It’s impressively compact, as much as can be expected. The printing speed is fairly decent and produces fantastic, high-quality images and documentation.
It also has an LCD display screen. This makes it simple to access the printer settings for specific tasks. It’s very intuitive and simple to read and navigate. Similar to other wireless printers, the connectivity may be spotty at times. This doesn’t seem to be a consistent problem with mobile devices, but can be with laptops or computers. You’re also going to need a password in order to connect your printer to your mobile device. This can be difficult to find on your own, and you may need to contact customer service for further direction.
- It is an all-in-one printer
- Save the space as it is a small printer
- Legal-size Printing is available
- Borderless Printing is also available in the HP DeskJet 3634
- With the help of the HP application, you can have access to many features,
- LCD screen
- borderless printing capabilities
- Prints at good speeds
- Wi-Fi connectivity not good
9. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All in One Photo Printer
There are a lot of options with this printer right off the bat. You can order it in black or white color with different ink packs, cartridges, and combination packs. This includes XL combination packs, which could help to save some money if you’re planning on printing a lot of documents or images as soon as it arrives.
It works best with a steady or fast Wi-Fi connection, so if you’re using sometimes unreliable satellite internet or anything similar or slow, you’ll want to go ahead and get a spare USB cable to use this printer. Setting this printer up is easy for any kind of operating system, including Linux. It’s compatible, but not ready, and that will take some work from you. But, if you use Apple products instead, it does come Apple Air Print ready. With all things considered and the unique features this printer offers, this printer had to make the list as one of the best printers.
- This PIXMA is Alexa-friendly printer
- Voice activation printing is available in the printer
- A built-in ADF is available in the printer
- This printer support USB
- The setup of the printer is only a few minutes away
- automatically print when you need to
- It connects seamlessly to the Canon Print App
- Prints clear
- Wi-Fi connection available
- easy setup
- The control panel doesn’t have a backlight.
10. Canon PIXMA MG3020 Wireless Color Photo Printer
If you’re looking for a printer that’s somewhere between basic and not, the PIXMA MG3020 is probably a good fit for you. It’s great for any kind of basic printing, copying, and scanning needs.
It doesn’t fax, though, so if that’s something you need, you should choose another printer from our reviews above. On average, the set-up of this printer will take you less than ten minutes. This is true even if you’re not particularly technologically-inclined.
Remember that this is a more basic printer, and while it’s not totally base level, it can’t do things that some of the other models can do. For example, it can’t do book printing or double-sided printing. It does come with a set of full-sized ink cartridges, and new ones are modestly priced. Being easy to use and having just enough functionality to suit most printing needs, it would be a mistake to overlook the MG3020. You can buy this best printer for under 50.
- A printer which is made to handle a workforce
- Scanning, copying, and Printing all are available in the printer
- Fast turnaround of the printer
- Assembling of the printer only requires connecting the Wi-Fi
- The glossy film is compatible
- Comes with a set of full-sized ink cartridges
- Setup is simple, and on average takes less than ten minutes
- Fantastic for all your basic printing, scanning, and copying needs
- Cartridges for this printer are moderately priced
- The wireless printing might not work
11. HP OfficeJet 3830 – A Wireless Printer
This Hp Officejet 3830 is an all in one printer, and you can also fax the documents to this printer. However, some other essential fucntionlites in the printer are hard to resist, like an inkjet printer with some unique connectivity options. You can use Air print, Google cloud print, mobile Printing, and whatnot.
Instant ink is ready in the printer. Even if you run out of tanks, there is no need to worry, as the printer will indicate. Another best functionality of the printer is downloading the application and using some stunning features in the application. From editing your documents to editing your pictures, all are available in the printer.
Now that we know, several connectivity options in the printer also include connectivity to make things faster. It is a quiet printer, which means you won’t feel that this printer is in operating mode, and you will not be disturbed by the Printing.
- This HP 3830 is a wireless printer
- HP proves one year of hardware warranty for this printer
- Mobile printing and air printing is available.
- HP application will give you many options
- It is a quiet printer
- A Fast and Easy Printer
- Laser-quality printing outcome
- Card stock printing
- Wireless printer
- An all-in-one Printer
- Ink is Expensive
- Alignment Issues in the Printer
12. Canon MX492 – An All-in-One Printer
This Canon printer is known as the super-fast printer for home-usage. There are several reasons for it. The first one is wireless compatibility. Who would love a printer which is nowhere close to tangles wire challenged? Now that we have Everything in wireless, even for a printer, we prefer wireless compatibility. This Canon MX492 is a wireless printer with color printing output. You can print photographs, color documents to make your work more professional and stunning.
The color of the printer is black so that it could go with any of your home’s thems. There is no point in wasting time while feeding the document, and this Canon MX492 supports an auto-document feeder. An All-in-one printer allows you to experience all the possibilities a printer could handle, and in this printer, you can copy and scan the document too. You can edit your photos and documents using the application and send it directly to Printing’s printer.
- This Canon MX492 is a super-fast printer
- You can print wirelessly in this printer
- An auto-document feeder is available in the printer
- An all-in-one printer to more feasibility
- Download the application and you can edit the images.
- Easy to Use
- Fast Printing
- envelope printing, Glossy Photo Paper is compatible
- Works with Alexa
- An Inkjet Printer
- Troubleshooting is an issue
- Few Errors at the beginning of the Printing
If you end up buying a monochrome printer, you will never experience printing in a color printer. Now that we have so many options available in color printing, why should we go for a monochrome printer? Therefore, it is vital to look for a color printer instead of only monochrome printers. The thing is, now we have different color printers, then we must not even think of buying a monochrome printer.
Many of the printers lack this feature of an auto-document feeder. However, before buying a printer, it is essential to know the importance of an auto-document feeder functionality. You will not spend your day feeding the documents every single time you want to a printer. Therefore, why not look for those printers that feature this functionality and promote less time in Printing. You will be amazed to see how much time and effort you would save if you have this one feature in the printer.
The price of the printer is one of the significant aspects while buying a printer. You will not accept an expensive printer with less functionality and leave a printer that consists of many printer features. A little research on a printer may help you find the right printer for yourself, and you might end up saving your precious money. Therefore, it is essential to do a little research, and you might end up with so many options for printers that are less in cash but significant in functionalities. Yes, I know many printers are expensive, but there are also affordable printers and many aspects to a printer as a costly printer would give.
It is not about being brand conscious but choosing the perfect and right brand for yourself. You do not want to end up having a printer with no brand image, and it may destroy all your hopes. Therofreew, while buying any machine, including a printer, is highly significant to look for those already flourishing in making great printers. Be it Hp, Canon, Epson, and Brothers, powerful printer brands that have given some great printers for their users.
FAQs Best Printer Under 50
Can I Use the Printer for Scanning With No Ink?
If you want to use your printer for scanning, you can use it without ink, as scanning requires no ink. A printer doesn‘t work without an ink cartridge, so you need to place the cartridges even if they are empty.
How Many Prints Can I Take Out In A Day?
Most of the printers we have reviewed in the guide are not capable of handling a large number of prints. You should check the duty cycle of a printer on its manual or simply avoid printing dozens of photos at once.
Can I Print Using Black Ink If The Color Ink Finishes?
Yes, you can use black ink only if you want to print on white paper. For that purpose, you need to change the printer setting named “ink set” and change both colors to black. Without changing the setting, you won’t be able to use the printer with only black ink.
How To Install The Drivers?
There are two ways you can install the drivers on your computer. Either insert a software disc or download it directly from the company’s website. If your laptop doesn’t have a disc drive, you can simply download it from the website.
How Can I Make Ink Last-Longer?
There are multiple ways you can save your ink from wasting during printing. You can select the ‘drift mode’ option so that your printer uses less ink.
When you buy something you plan on using yourself, you want to make sure that you’re getting a reliable, quality product. No product is perfect they all have their flaws or downsides. It’s important to do the right research to make sure you get a product that suits all your needs with as few drawbacks as possible, though, and that’s why we’ve reviewed these printers for your consideration.
Whether you’re looking for a printer for your dorm room so you can print your projects and papers or you need something to print out contracts from your home office, the best printer under 50 is on this list. It will fit right into your daily life. Having a printer readily available in your personal space can save you time, effort, and money if you invest in the right one. Hopefully, we were able to help you choose a printer for your needs with our reviews.