In this guide, we will introduce you to some of the best printers for transparencies. We scoured the market and performed deep research so that you can easily pick the best printer for transparency paper.
In case you are not familiar with transparencies, they are plastic film sheets having a glossy finish. They are made by reacting acetic acid with sulfuric acid and cellulose. You can purchase the best Printer For transparencies. Since most printers do not support transparencies, printing on them can be a challenge. The most common issues users encounter include paper jams, ink smudges, and opacity. However, many printers work well with transparencies. WE will find For you the best printer for transparencies.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Of Best Printer For Transparencies: In 2021
- The Best Printer For Transparencies in Depth Reviews
- 1. Canon Pixma PRO-100 – Wireless Printing
- 2. Epson Expression XP-15000 – Value For Money
- 3. Epson Artisan 1430 – Hi-Definition Photo Printing
- 4. Brother Inkjet Printer MC-J985DW – Duplex Printing
- 5. Canon Pixma iX6820 – A Business Printer!
- 6. HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 – An Inkjet Printer
- 7. Epson Stylus C88 – A Desktop Printer
- 8. Canon TS5120 – A Wireless and an All-in-One Printer
- A Buying Guide For The Best Printer For Transparencies
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is screen printing transparency?
- Should I use Inkjet or Laser printer to print screen printing transparencies?
- What’s average cost of screen printing?
- What Kind Of Screen Printer Should I Opt For?
- Is A Good Printer For Transparencies Costly?
- Should I Buy A Tabletop Screen Printing Machine Or A Full-sized One?
- Is It Important To Have More Color Options?
- From Where Should I Buy A Printer For Transparencies?
- Final Words
Comparison Of Best Printer For Transparencies: In 2021
|Canon Pixma PRO-100|
|Epson Expression XP-15000|
|Epson Artisan 1430|
|Brother Inkjet Printer MC-J985DW|
|Canon Pixma iX6820|
|HP OfficeJet Pro 7740|
|Epson Stylus C88|
The Best Printer For Transparencies in Depth Reviews
1. Canon Pixma PRO-100 – Wireless Printing
The CANON PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Printer is a highly-rated and affordable printer. Meant for anyone looking to print quality mailers, presentation charts, and spreadsheet charts. With this printer, you get detailed printouts with a maximum color dpi of 4800 x 2400. One great thing about the printouts generated by this model is that they are produced with 8 dye-based inks. If you are looking for printing tabloids, this model may be right up your alley. With this device, you can print anything as wide as 13 x 19″ to 4 x 6″.
Another impressive thing about this product is that it supports wireless printing. Print commands are sent through Android and Apple devices via Canon’s app. Therefore, Google Cloud Print, PIXMA Printing Solutions, and AirPrint are available with this Canon model. However, if you don’t want wireless printing, you can also purchase the non-wireless model. We were also impressed by the color accuracy delivered by this Canon printer. All in all, this model has much going for it to qualify for the title of the best laser printer for transparency film.
- The 8-ink system to make the outcome more vibrant.
- 4800 x 2400 dpi optimization for better output.
- Support up to 13″ x 19″ inches paper
- A wireless printer with USB support.
- A color printer for printing photographs.
- Excellent color accuracy
- 8 dye-based inks
- Stunning prints
- Good tech support
- Value for money
- Not an all-purpose color printer
- Doesn’t make copies or scan
2. Epson Expression XP-15000 – Value For Money
If the print quality is the most important factor for purchasing a printer for transparencies, you may want to keep this Epson model at the top of your list. It is one of the best printers when it comes to quality, producing vibrant and striking colors on a consistent basis. Also, in spite of its wide nature, this model is quite compact, so you don’t have to worry about it hijacking a lot of your desk space. Thanks to its great borderless print quality and amazing resolution, this Epson mode is perfect for photo printing.
However, that doesn’t mean it’s not a top choice for screen printing. Since it has a wide format, you can rest assured knowing that it packs a punch when used for screen printing. We were also installed with its 50 sheets rear tray, which can hold materials like vinyl paper and cardstock.
This model is network ready. It supports Ethernet connections as well as wireless printing. Mac and iOS users can connect it through AirPrint, but the setup process is a little time-consuming. The pinter boasts an LED screen, which makes navigation a breeze. However, the LED screen is not a touchscreen, which is a little disappointing. Nevertheless, it is a top printer for transparencies.
- The best printer for printing envelopes
- It supports a 6-individual ink system
- 200 front tray sheet option is also available.
- Borderless printing and wide-format printing is the best of this printer.
- One cleaning sheet is available for the printer
- Wireless printing
- Amazing print quality and resolution
- Special rear tray
- Ideal for landscape photo printing and screen printing
- Easy to use
- Hefty price tag
- No touchscreen navigation
3. Epson Artisan 1430 – Hi-Definition Photo Printing
If you ever wanted a printer to help you bring your imagination to life, you are likely to find the Epson Artisan 1430 to your liking. Ranked as the best laser printer for transparencies by several online reviews, this Epson model gives you amazing results, especially when you use it with the best transparency film for laser printers. And the best part is that this printer is an equally good choice for both regular printing and high definition photos. Since this model comes with software exclusively for printing on DVDs and CDs, it is a great option for anyone who’s looking for a professional finish on such prints. The printer also produces impressive email and itinerary prints.
Compact and sleek, the Epson 1430 boasts a top-quality auto photo correction feature that evaluates and corrects digital images on its own. What’s more, it also includes an advanced face detection feature that seamlessly captures natural skin tones. This means you can easily erase red eyes or differentiate people from sceneries in the background.
We were also impressed by the fact that you need to replace individual ink cartridges only when they run out and not all of them at once. You can easily achieve 60% more printouts with a high capacity version of Claira ink in comparison to regular cartridges.
- This Epson printer offers wireless printing with Wi-FI
- Connect your mobile phones for fast printing.
- Fade-resistant photographs are the best feature of the printer.
- This printer supports 13 x 19 inches paper
- Manual instruction for quick assembling.
- Ideal for printing on DVDs and CDs
- Amazing print quality and resolution
- Special rear tray
- Advanced face detection
- Auto photo correction
- Sometimes give problems with thick paper
- Rather slow at high resolution photo
4. Brother Inkjet Printer MC-J985DW – Duplex Printing
Are you looking for a cheap printer for transparencies? Do you want the best inkjet printer for transparencies for your home-based office? If you said “yes,” keep this printer at the top of your list. What you get with this printer are above-average quality prints at the most reasonable price. Because of this quality, more than anything else, this printer stands out among various other inkjets available in the market.
Another good thing about this model is that it is pretty fast at producing high-quality copies as well as at scanning. Furthermore, the automatic duplex 2-sided printing feature helps you reduce the cost significantly and it supports up to twenty sheet ADF. On top of all this, you can save even further by participating in the INKvestment program. Last but not least, with the Amazon dash replenishment feature enabled, this model can measure toner levels and order ink if required.
- Cost-effective printer with the best output result
- This printer is designed for handling a workforce.
- An all-in-one printer with color printing technology.
- Wireless connectivity option is also present in the printer
- This printer supports up to 8.5 x 14 inches in paper size.
- Cost-effective printing solution for home offices
- Does Scanning and faxing
- Saves money on cartridge replenishment
- Automatic duplex 2-sided printing
- Value for money
- Doesn’t come with full cartridges
- Customer service is not the best
5. Canon Pixma iX6820 – A Business Printer!
It is mandatory to have a wireless printer at this age, and the reason is simple as technology is evolving day by day, it is critical to move with the technology. A wireless printer allows you to experience some great memories with the printer. The essential part of a wireless printer is that you have many options for connectivity. While we are talking about connectivity options in a printer, this Canon Pixma is compatible with Windows and Mac. You can use Air Print and even Google Cloud Print for wirelessly transferring files to print. Another option you have is to use Canon’s own Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS) for better speed and results.
It is an inkjet printer, and it comes with a subtle print head technology so that you can have a full hands-on output with this printer. This Canon printer has an auto sheet feeder, which is up to 150 sheets. The high performance by the ink tank system provided by this Canon printer is another excellent feature. It is both color and black and white printer to fulfill the requirement of being a business sprinter.
- It is a wireless printer to resolve all the wires issues of a printer
- A color printer for all the photographs printing.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Ari Print and Google Printing applies to this printer
- A dedicated Business printer with a quick response.
- A Wireless Printer
- A Quick Output from this Printer
- A Color Printer
- Auto Sheet Feeder
- An Easy to Operate Printer
- The Driver has some Issues
- Cleaning the printer is a Difficult task
6. HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 – An Inkjet Printer
This fantastic printer’s primary function is that it helps print and scan, fax, and copy. It makes it an all-in-one printer. A printer needs to work with wide-format pages if considered a business printer. This Hp pro 7740 works with 11×17 inches of paper and gives excellent quality. When a printer is a wireless printer, we know that this printer is open to many connectivity options like AirPrint, USB print, cloud printing, Wi-Fi availability, and whatnot. It is excellent news for all of them to buy this printer that this HP 7740 offers all these mentioned functionalities. You can download the HP application for more filters and editing options to make your picture more memorable and mesmerizing.
Another great feature of this printer also includes an Auto 2-sided duplex. Other than this, color touchscreen and automatic document feeder rare in many printers are also available. The paper input capacity of this HP Officejet pro 7740 holds more than 500 sheets. It comes with two trays, and each of them can carry 250 sheets.
- Conenctovtu options are many in this printer
- An all-in-one printer makes this printer a reliable one.
- The auto-Document feeder is also a vital part of the printer.
- Download the HP application and enjoy many features.
- A good-looking printer is a compact size printer too.
- A Wireless Printer
- Duplex Printing
- USB is also Available
- Color Touchscreen
- 500 sheets feeder
- Ink splash around the paper often
- Not a smdge-resistant pritner
7. Epson Stylus C88 – A Desktop Printer
An Inkjet Printer with a printing media type of color to print stunning photographs is an excellent Printer feature. You can use both Plain Paper and glossy photo paper to have a leading-edge with the quality. The speed of any printer matters a lot as you do not want to have a slow printer. This Epson printer is mainly designed for business usage; therefore, its speed is amazingly fast. Be it envelop printing, card stock, weeding invitation and party invitation prints, photographs, and you can do all the wonders with this one printer.
Suppose you have a USB, use it for the printer. Other than this, Epson C88 supports all the Oss. Borderless priming is hard to find in printers, but these Epson printers support borderless printing and water-resistant printing. A fade-resistant picture is also a significant part of this printer. We always want a smudge-resistant printer, too, because there is no point in printing photographs, and the output will be all smudged. Media handling is another great impressive feature of this printer as it has a media capacity of 120 sheets, and it comes with one input tray.
- This Epson printer prints at 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi.
- For the black and whites, this printer prints 23 pages in a minute.
- Water-resistant, smudge resistant, and fade resistant
- This Epson printer comes with easy software for photo editing.
- A reasonable size of the printer is all we need.
- An Easy to Use Printer
- Borderless Printing
- An Inkjet Printer
- Amazingly Fast Printer
- Support 2.0 USB
- Many times, the Printer head overheats
- Not a Wireless Printer
8. Canon TS5120 – A Wireless and an All-in-One Printer
What else do you need in a printer if Canon is already giving you a superb printer with all the qualities like an all-in-one, wireless printer, and more? A wireless printer means that a printer holds several connecting options in it. Therefore, in this Canon TS5120, there are options like connecting your mobile phones, if not tablets, and if this is not the case, then laptops. Other than this, you can connect your Bluetooth, USB, cloud printing, and whatnot. Connect your Wi-FI and enjoy the benefits of the printer. It is a printer designed for a living room as the compact size may complement your place and may fit in the room.
Be it Windows, Mac, and Android, and this canon Printer will support all the software. An inkjet printer that is great for printing color documents and pictures to show how professional you are in your work is all that this printer provides to its users. Some great functionalities of this Canon TS5120 include borderless printing, front and rear tray support, easy printing, and quick assembling of the printing.
- The connectivity options are plentiful in this printer.
- Borderless printing is a rare function in a printer.
- Use Canon genuine ink cartridge, and you will love the outcome.
- Wireless printing, document printing, photo printing.
- Compact design and versatile paper
- Easy to Handle
- Document Removal Reminder
- Ethernet Connection and Wireless option.
- Business Card Printing and Creative filters after using the application
- Memory Card and USB support.
- The plastic of the printer is of Low Quality
- The Bluetooth connection has some issues.
A Buying Guide For The Best Printer For Transparencies
1. Manual Or Automatic
A Manual printer or an automatic printer — this is the first question you should be asking yourself if you need a printer for transparencies. Both have some advantages for them, and you will do well to get yourself informed about them to make a sensible decision. Automatic screen printers automate the process of feeding sheets into the printer, which means you will have more time for other aspects of your business.
Manual screen printers, although fascinating to watch, demand a bit of time and attention, which you can easily invest in other more productive activities. Having said that, if your printing needs are not exhaustive, it would make more sense to go with a manual printer, as they are significantly cheaper than their automatic counterparts.
However, there’s one drawback, and not an insignificant one at that, to manual printers — lack of consistency. Since multiple people will be handling the printer, you can be sure of some degree of human error.
Another factor to consider is the kind of space you have in your workplace or home office. In case you have limited space, investing in a tabletop screen printing machine is recommended because these printers tend to be light but durable. On the other hand, If space is not an issue, you may want to go in for a full-sized screen printing machine. You can operate these printers for long hours and expect them to last a really long time.
You should also consider the range of colors that screen printers have. Typically, you may desire for more options when it comes to color availability. That is because more color options allow you to do more.
4. Dryer Size
It is important that the dryer size meets the output of your screen-printer. If you buy a big screen-printer having a small dryer, meeting the production rate will be a challenge. In case you expect your business to grow steadily, we recommend you opt for an upgraded dryer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is screen printing transparency?
Transparency, as the word suggests, allows you to enjoy glossiness in a picture. It is a film that helps the ink to prevent itself from drying. This transparency film may help you in having a document for a longer time.
Should I use Inkjet or Laser printer to print screen printing transparencies?
An inkjet printer always an inkjet printer for screen printing transparencies. A laser printer may give you a messy result, and you do not want a printer with no outcome at all.
What’s average cost of screen printing?
Usually, a screen printing charges10 – $30 per color for the per screen.
What Kind Of Screen Printer Should I Opt For?
Well, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. It depends on your business needs. Both have a few advantages, and depending on your priorities, you can pick the one that answers your needs the best. Automatic screen printers, naturally enough, automate the process of feeding sheets into the printer. This means you will have more time for other things. Manual screen printers, on the other hand, demand a bit of time and attention. However, if your printing needs are not exhaustive, you may consider buying a manual printer since they are significantly cheaper.
Is A Good Printer For Transparencies Costly?
No, not really. There are many good budget options available. For instance, all the printers listed in this buying guide give you good value for your money.
Should I Buy A Tabletop Screen Printing Machine Or A Full-sized One?
Well, it all depends on the kind of space you have. In case you have limited space, investing in a tabletop screen printing machine is recommended because these printers tend to be light but durable. On the other hand, If space is not an issue, you may want to go in for a full-sized screen printing machine. You can operate these printers for long hours and expect them to last a really long time.
Is It Important To Have More Color Options?
While not a compulsion, a wider range of color options is certainly a desirable feature to have. The reason is simple. You can do so much more with more color options.
From Where Should I Buy A Printer For Transparencies?
commerce websites are the best place to buy a printer. The reason is simple. You often get a hefty discount on such websites. So if you want the best bang for your buck, go online when you need a printer for transparencies.
When it comes to purchasing a screen printer for transparencies, it is important you pick the right machine. While there is hardly any doubt that the best printer of transparencies is a sizable investment, this investment is worth the cost if you need to print transparencies regularly. Having a printer near you is a far better option compared to making multiple round trips to local stores to get printouts. Besides the hassle such trips entail, you will have little control over the quality of the printouts.
For these reasons, investing in a top-quality automatic screen printer is the best way forward. This way you can take out quality printouts one after another non-stop for long hours, something which a staff member operating a manual printer is likely to find almost impossible. While all the printers listed in this guide are of top-quality, if you were to ask for our recommendation, we would recommend Canon Pixma Pro-100. It has all the features that you may want in an automatic photo printer: quality printouts, wireless printing, more color options, and value for money.