Even with the world rapidly-evolving towards a paperless society, we still cannot do away with printers. Think about the students who have to print their coursework. Imagine the pleasure of turning the pages of your favorite novel. You may even be an aspiring writer or budding photographer and will need a good printer for your manuscripts or images. Whatever uses you have, you must pick the best printer for Mac for you. We have selected a few printers that we feel have a lot to offer. We will share with you an unbiased view of what we like and what we do not like about them.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Printers for Mac in 2020.
- Top 10 Best Printer for Mac Reviews in 2020
- 1. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-In-One Printer
- 2. HP Desk Jet 2655 All In One Printer
- 3. HP Office Jet5255 Best Portable Printer For Mac
- 4. Canon TS9020 Wireless All-In-One Printer
- 5. Brother MFC9130CW All-In-One Printer for Mac
- 6. HP Envy Photo 7155 All in One Photo Printer
- 7. HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw All in One Printer
- 8. Canon Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw All in One Printer
- 9. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Photo Printers
- 10. HP Tango Smart Wireless Photo Printer For Mac
- What You need to Factor in When Looking for the Best Printer for Mac.
- Buying Guide for Printer for Mac in 2020.
Comparison of 10 Best Printers for Mac in 2020.
|HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer|
|HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Compact Printer|
|HP OfficeJet 5255 Wireless All-in-One Printer|
|Canon TS9020 Wireless All-In-One Printer|
|Brother MFC9130CW Wireless All-In-One Printer|
|HP Envy Photo 7155 All in One Photo Printer|
|HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw All in One Printer|
|Canon Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw All in One Printer|
|Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Printer|
|HP Tango Smart Wireless Printer for Mac|
Top 10 Best Printer for Mac Reviews in 2020
1. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-In-One Printer
HP has a solid market reputation when it comes to its products. It has a considerable printer market share, and it is not uncommon to find these printers in many homes or offices. HP Envy 5055 is an inkjet printer that is easy to use and delivers as per expectation.
You get rich and crisp text and graphics, and you have the choice of different paper sizes. It is suitable for light printing and has a lightweight compact design that makes it ideal for desktop use.
The all-in-one printer allows you to print, scan, fax, and copy. Simply download the HP Smart app to set up your wireless printer for high-quality photos or images. You can print from your Google Drive, social media accounts, Dropbox, Google Drive and iCloud.
- HP Smart App for easy set-up and printer use
- Near field communication with compatible devices
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Duplex printing
- Amazon Dash replenishment for your ink
- The pre-installed cartridges are small,
- You cannot print from USB
2. HP Desk Jet 2655 All In One Printer
HP Deskjet 2655 is an All-In-One printer that has a compact design and comes in at an attractive price point. You can scan, copy, and print your documents. It also allows for wireless printing.
You can also download the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app, which allows you to use your iPhone when printing. You have the option of using the USB port for printing, but you need to buy the cable.
Setup is easy, and the setup wizard will take you to the process effortlessly. It supports different paper sizes for both black and white and color printing. Forget about smudging because it uses instant-dry ink
- LED control panel with a simple touch button
- Wireless and USB connectivity
- Monthly volume 50 to 100 pages
- HP instant ink
- Allows for different paper sizes
- Amazon Dash ink replenishment
- The slow print speed with color images taking almost 1 minute per page
- High-volume printing maybe a bit costly
3. HP Office Jet5255 Best Portable Printer For Mac
The HP Office Jet 5255 will work well for the home and office. It has a compact, sleek design, and is lightweight, making it one of the best portable printer for Mac available in the market.
You can scan, fax, and print, and it has an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) capacity of 35 sheets. By simply downloading the HP app, you can scan using your phone camera.
It allows for duplex printing in both mono and color, making it efficient and fast. You can print from any device that has Wi-Fi connectivity or Bluetooth.
- Duplex printing
- It allows for different paper sizes
- Wireless connectivity
- HP instant ink cartridge
- Monthly output 100 sheets
- Amazon dash ink replenishment
- It does not support double-sided copy when using the ad feature
- It does not have Ethernet connectivity
4. Canon TS9020 Wireless All-In-One Printer
We know Canon for its cameras, and we can expect that the Canon TS9020 will produce excellent photographs.
You get to enjoy multiple functionalities such as printing, copying, and scanning. The six-color printer is superb for printing high-quality pictures.
It allows for mobile printing using the near field communication tag. You can also print supported optical Media using the special tray. Set-up is easy, and all you need to do is follow the prompts.
- A rear paper tray that can take an additional 100 sheets of plain paper
- USB, Wi-Fi, NFC, and Ethernet connectivity
- Support for cloud-based and mobile printing
- Compatibility with cameras that have wireless PictBridge
- SD card slot supports SDHC and SD. You can use micro and mini versions through the SD adaptor
- Near field communication for mobile printing
- It does not have the ADF or fax feature, making it unsuitable for office use
- You have to adjust the drawers to accommodate different paper sizes which can be cumbersome
5. Brother MFC9130CW All-In-One Printer for Mac
Brother MFC9130CW will allow you to copy, scan, fax, and print. Faxing is easy because you do not need a computer.
You have a 35-page ADF and a paper capacity of 250 sheets. You also have the benefit of a one-page manual feed slot and an on-screen guide for manual duplexing.
Unfortunately, the printer does not have an automatic duplexer.
- Paper capacity of 250 sheets
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Compatibility with mobile devices, Google Cloud Print, iPrint, and scan
- Connection to a PC using a USB cable
- It does not have duplex scanning
- It does not have a USB port
6. HP Envy Photo 7155 All in One Photo Printer
The HP Envy photo 7155 is easy to use and has an integrated print head. It is fantastic for home use and will give you a cost-effective way to print your pictures. You can print, copy, and scan. The setup is effortless, and the printer is compact.
It has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. You can use a USB connection or the wireless direct peer-to-peer network system that allows you to connect without a router.
Simply download the HP Smart app, and you are good to go. You can print from an SD card, your social media accounts, Google Drive, Dropbox, and iCloud.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Mobile compatibility
- Output of 300 to 400 pages per month
- Compatibility with third-party options such as AirPrint and Morpria
- HP instant ink
- It does not have an automatic feeder
- Print quality on small fonts are not very crisp
7. HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw All in One Printer
The HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw is a compact printer that will give you excellent quality output. It has a 250 main sheet capacity with one sheet override slot. The USB thumb drive makes it easy to configure and handle different tasks easily.
While it lacks the auto-duplexing functionality, you can scan manually or copy two-sided documents. It also allows you to print from Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud.
- 5-inch color touch screen
- Mobile compatibility
- Wireless and Ethernet connectivity
- Print speed of 22 ppm
- Sheet tray capacity of 250
- It does not have auto duplexing
- It may be a bit costly to run
8. Canon Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw All in One Printer
The Canon Color imageCLASS MF733CdwIs is a laser printer that is excellent for small offices. You can print, scan, and fax.
Other features include network scan utility, address book to MF scan Utility, and toner status. It has an expandable input capacity and Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, and LAN connectivity.
It also integrates well with Google Cloud Print, Canon print business, Morpria, and Air print. You get high-quality prints at a low cost
- Monthly output 4000 pages
- Print speed 28 pages per minute
- 300 sheet capacity with an expansion capacity of 850 sheets
- Secure printing with basic SNP and SSL configurations
- Cloud printing
- Dash replenishment
- It does not support auto-duplexing
9. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Photo Printers
The Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 will give you crisp quality output, whether you are using it at home or in the office. Print, copy or scan two-sided documents using the auto-duplexing feature.
It is a compact 30-page single pass PDF printer with five inks and 4 CMYK cartridges. You also get an extra photo of black ink that will give you better images in your photographs. It has a 120 sheet capacity and allows you to print on your DVDs and CDs.
You can also design your labels and cases with the printer. Setup is easy, and you can print and scan from Cloud or directly from your smartphone or tablet.
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct and USB connectivity
- Mobile device compatibility
- Additional features such as email print, remote print, scan to Cloud creative print up among others
- Third-party integration with Fire OS, Google Cloud Print, Airprint and Morpia
- Print speed of 15.8 pages per minute
- It will only work with Epson cartridges
10. HP Tango Smart Wireless Photo Printer For Mac
HP tango smart wireless printer is a compact printer that delivers high-quality prints. You can copy and scan, and the app allows for integration with Google Drive and Dropbox. It is 100% wireless, requiring that you have a stable Wi-Fi connection to use it.
It does not have a USB port, so it can be a challenge in the case that you do not have internet connectivity. The printer speed is 20 PPM and 11 ppm mono and color, respectively.
- Print speed of 11 pages per minute
- 100% wireless
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- HP instant ink
- Auto document feeder with a separate photo tray
- Compact design
- Low print speed
- You will need Wi-Fi connectivity to use it
What You need to Factor in When Looking for the Best Printer for Mac.
There are specific considerations you need to have in mind when buying a printer for Mac. Such include:
- Automatic Duplex printing that will save you time and paper because it prints on both sides.
- Multiple functionalities including the ability to fax, copy and scan
- Versatility with regards to the paper size
- Print quality
- Black and white or color printing
- Printing speed
- inkjet versus laser printers
- Wireless connectivity
Buying Guide for Printer for Mac in 2020.
You probably already agree that 2020 is a year in which your Mac should not be without a printer. At the end of all the untoward events of the earlier part of 2020, you may have to write a story about these events and print out a manuscript before it eventually gets published. However, you cannot print without a printer so you will have to get one. You should consider the following before you buy your printer for Mac.
Connectivity: If you are going to get a printer for Mac in 2020, make sure it offers different options for connectivity. You can connect to your printer using Ethernet cables or USB cables. However, you do not want to be stuck with the option of only being able to connect your printer to your Mac using a cable.
Many Printers for Mac offer the option to connect wirelessly. The wireless connection type varies. Some use Wi-Fi while some use Bluetooth for wireless connection. The more options you have, the better your experience is.
Duplex printing is basically printing on both pages of a paper. Some printers do this automatically while in other printers, you have to do this manually. Manual duplex printing can be tedious especially if you have a huge number of pages to print. If your work tends to be those where you have to print so many pages on both sides of the paper, you should opt for a printer that does duplex printing automatically.
Cloud Print: With cloud print, you can print from your various printers from anywhere and at any time. Your printers are connected to the internet and you can access them using other devices connected to the internet.
With a printer that supports cloud printing, you can easily print your files directly from your mobile devices connected to the internet without installation.
How Can I Change The Default Paper Size On My Mac?
To change the default paper size, open the Apple menu, click on preferences then click on printer and scanners. Choose “Default paper size” then select a new paper size.
Do printers for Mac work with iPads and iPhones?
Yes, they do. If your printer supports mobile devices and wireless connectivity, using it with your iPad or iPhone should be easy.
How Can I Set Up The Google Cloud Print On My Mac?
If your printer is cloud-ready, connect your computer and printer to your phone/mobile device’s Wi-Fi. Open Chrome, type “chrome://devices” and enter. Then select “new devices”, click the “manage” option beside your printer then select register. Follow the other steps until the end of the setup.
My Mac does not have a disc drive, is it compulsory that I use the setup disc while installing my printer? No, it is not. You can get the setup file for your printer from the website of the manufacturer.
What Do I Need On My Phone To Be Able To Print From It?
You will need to have a mobile application corresponding to your printer on your phone. In some cases, these applications come with the phone, and sometimes you have to download them yourself.
We have looked at some of the best printers for Mac available in the market. We have explored on the different features that each printer offers, and what we feel are their significant drawbacks. Before shopping for a printer, you must have a clear idea of what you will need it for. You will, for example, find that some are suitable for home use and may not work well in an office set-up due to their volume and printing speed.
If you are a budding photographer, the Canon TS9020 is an excellent choice for high-quality image printing. The HP tango smart wireless printer is great for smart homeowners due to its remote control features. The Canon Color image CLASS MF733CdwIs will work well for an office due to its volume, speed, and secure printing with basic SNP and SSL configurations.