Are you worried you can’t print from a Chromebook? You came to the right place as the following printers communicate with Chromebooks via the cloud. Even if these computers are made with no USB port, your prints don’t have to stop. The advantage of Chromebook’s Google Cloud Print is that it allows you to print from anywhere. But not all printers are compatible with this wireless technology. This is why the following list is a selection of the best printer for this Chromebook. It is the only method of printing from Chromebooks. The best part is they require only initial setup, quickly printing as needed with concomitant prints.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Of Best Printer For Chromebooks In 2021
- Top Best Printer For Chromebook Reviews In 2021
- 1. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- 2. Brother HL-L2350DW Compact Monochrome Laser Printer
- 3. Canon MX492 Wireless All-IN-One Printer
- 4. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- 5. Samsung SL-M2020W Wireless Monochrome Printer
- 6. Canon Pixma MG2920 Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer
- 7. Brother MFC-J880DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
- 8. Canon Ts5120 Wireless All-in-one Printer With Scanner
- 9. Canon imageClass MF216n All-in-One Laser AirPrint Printer
- 10. Canon Pixma TS6220 Wireless All-In-One Printer
- Can You Print From A Chromebook?
- Are All Printers Compatible With Chromebook?
- Do All Printers For Chromebook Give Duplex Facilities?
- Hp Or Canon. Which Is The Suitable Brand For Chromebook Printing?
- Are Brother Printers Reliable For Chromebook Printing?
Comparison Of Best Printer For Chromebooks In 2021
|HP Envy 4520 All-in-One Photo Printer|
|Brother HL-L2350DW Compact Monochrome Laser Printer|
|Canon MX492 All-IN-One Printer|
|HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Photo Printer|
|Samsung SL-M2020W Monochrome Printer|
|Canon PIXMA MG2920 Inkjet All-in-One Printer|
|Brother MFC-J880DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer|
|Canon TS5120 All-In-One Printer|
|Canon MF216n All-in-One Laser Printer|
|Canon PIXMA TS6220 All in One Printer|
Top Best Printer For Chromebook Reviews In 2021
The following 10 best wireless printers for Chromebook are already popular. These Chromebook-compatible printers are also easy to use, even without wired connectivity.
1. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
As one of the best printers for Chromebook, the HP Envy 4520 offers smooth connectivity which never fails to pair the notebook. Users can easily pair it with Google Cloud Print. But HP is known to create its software which is very intuitive most of the time. This is also the case of this printer which is backed by HP’s ePrint app.
Apart from installing this app on the Chromebook itself, the app can also be installed on smartphones and tablets. All works tasks are covered using this connectivity versatility. But as its name suggests, this printer also includes other functions.
It works as a scanner and a copier as well. It covers most printing and scanning needs regular users to have. But it does it with a few advanced features which make it a worthy purchase. For example, it supports borderless edge to edge printing. This is particularly appealing with photos or statistics graphs. It also prints on both sides of the paper. It works to save you 50% of the paper you use on your printing needs.
If Chromebooks are known to be tied to Android devices, you might also think the HP printer is now compatible with iPhones. This is not the case. The printer uses AirPrint to connect to Apple devices as well. Both Chromebook and other devices are shown an estimative ink level in the cartridges. The printer only uses original HP 63 ink cartridges.
- Works as a printer and a scanner
- Prints edge-to-edge
- Backed by the HP ePrint app
- Prints even without a wireless network with Direct Printing
- Supports 2-sided paper prints
- Notcompatible with USB printing
- It takes a few seconds to start printing
- Frequent prompts on cartridge offer via HP software
2. Brother HL-L2350DW Compact Monochrome Laser Printer
the best laser printer for Chromebook, the Brother Monochrome is ready to print thousands of pages without any ink cartridges. Its compact size also means you can place it on a smaller desk or table.
Based on wireless Chromebook connectivity, it can offer one of the fastest printing experiences for the price. It comes with a maximum printing capacity of 32 pages per minute. But this performance is mainly true for text. When it comes to pictures, the performance slows down.
The printer also comes with advanced tools such as 2-sides printing. It saves paper and those who have to deal with pages and pages of documents find it particularly appealing. But how many pages can it print on its laser-based technology? It’s estimated that it can deliver 3.000 pages which means its hassle-free maybe a bit more than other similar printers.
If you’re worried about your Chromebook’s compatibility, you need to rest assured the printer has multiple wireless printing software options. Among them, the Brother iPrint and Scan are its native printing software. Google Cloud Print is also compatible with your Chromebook. In case you also connect it to your iPhone, you may print with AirPrint. However, you need to know the printer is not compatible with NFC technology and instant device pairing.
- Solid native printing software
- Prints 3000 pages per toner
- Includes a small LCD
- Reliable Google Cloud Print synchronization
- Amazon Dash replenishment orders a new toner when needed
- Only monochrome printing
- Doesn’t come with printed instructions
3. Canon MX492 Wireless All-IN-One Printer
Often seen as the best value printer for Chromebook, this compact Canon is highly capable. It doesn’t even include a USB cable since its objective is to only print via WiFi. Once you install the printer on your Chromebook, you already have it automatically paired. Whenever it switched on, it acts similarly to any other wired printer ready to do its job.
Mobile printing is also as easy as Chromebook users hope for. Without spending too much time setting it up, the printer is ready to work via cloud printing services such as Google Cloud Print. It also has its own Canon software which is also known for its reliability. AirPrint is also supported for Apple fans. However, other Apple-compatible software may also be used instead as well.
But apart from printing in the cloud, the device also scans in cloud servers. It automatically saves scans so that users can always find their services reliable. But it also features interesting advanced features. It integrates Quiet Mode printing. If you have kids, you’ve probably woke them up with other printers. This is not an issue for the MX492.
Without any drivers, the printer connects seamlessly to your Chromebook, smartphone, and tablets. It supports a full office experience even if Chromebooks don’t feature a USB port. With a compact design and a paper feeder on top of the printer, it is one of the most intuitive designs for the money.
- Compatible with cloud printing
- The paper feeder is right on top of the printer
- Prints in Quiet Mode
- Scans documents to cloud storage services
- 30% smaller than the previous MX printer
- Gets a few paper jams at times
- It takes patience to set up a password
- Loud outside the slow Quiet Mode
4. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
This printer is often seen as one of the best cloud printers for Chromebook. It comes with responsiveness and reliability especially due to its native software. Not many can rival HP’s Smart app. It allows you to print directly from your Chromebook without any cables or adapters.
It even allows you to scan documents you need on your Chromebook. But interestingly, the app also integrates social media like no other. You can print your photos directly from Facebook or Twitter. The printer is also compatible with the most popular cloud storage solutions.
Let’s say you need to have access to printable documents anywhere in the world. The only real option is to save them in the cloud. This is why the printer’s scanner can save your documents in either Google Drive or iCloud. Some users alternatively use cross-platform options such as Dropbox.
In terms of drawbacks, most can be attributed to its home user profile. For example, it doesn’t print from a USB drive, but most other similarly-priced printers don’t offer this feature either. It also doesn’t automatically send scans to your email address. This function is slowly starting to fade out as it’s not as popular as it used to be.
- Supports 2-sided printing
- Saves documents on Google Drive
- Prints right to the edge of the paper
- Supports 4X6 photo printing
- Prints from all types of smartphones
- Ethernet networking is not supported
- No printed instructions
5. Samsung SL-M2020W Wireless Monochrome Printer
Since its one of the best network printers for Chromebook users, it is surprisingly made with NFC pairing. This means it quickly pairs with any NFC-enabled mobile device for the quickest printing experience. First, you need to install the Samsung Print App. Then you open the document you want to print.
Finally, you tap the mobile device to the printer for it to start printing. It’s one of the simplest printing processes out there. But this Samsung printer is much more than an NFC device. Google Cloud Print is supported on your Chromebook and it works reliably on the printer as well. Using cloud printing, users can get up to 21 pages printed per minute.
But this capable printer is also small. It only weighs 8.5 pounds, making it the lightest performer from the brand. Even with its compact size, it still holds up to 150 pieces of paper in its feeder tray. In terms of printing technologies, it’s also very capable. It efficiently uses up to 20% less toner than alternative products. But it can also be enabled for Amazon’s Dash Replenishment which automatically orders a new toner whenever its closer to its replacement due date.
- Made with fast NFC pairing
- Highly recommended for mobile device printing
- The lightest printer of the Samsung SL series
- The toner lasts longer than expected
- Supports WiFi connectivity
- Slower than many ink printers
6. Canon Pixma MG2920 Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer
Canon’s Pixma inkjet printer is one of the Google Chromebook printers made for ease of use. Once connected to the local network either at home or the office, it automatically connects to your Chromebook or any other WiFi-enabled and synchronized device.
It runs on Canon’s native software which works as intended for text and image printing. But the software is also used for photo organizing as well. It stands out as one of the best in its class for simple photo edits. Those who want to make their texts and pictures stand out can use Canon’s filters for miniature creation, fisheye effects, toy camera filters, and blur effects.
In terms of connectivity, it is as capable as other HP alternatives. Chromebook users work with Google Cloud Print ready synchronization. But in the long term, the lack of a USB cable doesn’t matter, especially since the printer comes with a money-saving hybrid ink system with 4 colors as the best printer for Chromebook needs.
- Easy setup process
- One of the best native printer software
- Connects automatically to Chromebooks
- Uses ink-saving 4 color hybrid cartridges
- Prints from Facebook and Twitter
- Not compatible with AirPrint
- No edge-to-edge photo printing
- Not the smallest printer size
7. Brother MFC-J880DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
Seen as one of the printers that work with Chromebook, Brother’s device is ready for quick device pairing. It even comes with quick NFC pairing and it results in one of the most impressive connectivity options for Chromebook users who also want to print from their smartphones.
The printer is hard to match for connectivity. Your Chromebook is directly synchronized via Google Cloud Print. But it also works with wired USB 2.0 if you decide to use it with a desktop computer as well. Other connectivity options include AirPrint for Apple devices, Mopria, and Brother’s iPrint And Scan app. Direct WiFi printing is also supported.
Menu navigation is also easier than expected. The printer offers a colored navigation menu which is where users select the type of documents to be printed. When used in its scan mode, it also allows users to save directly in cloud wit options for Google Drive and Dropbox.
Apart from printing on A4 paper, the printer also works with a single-sheet bypass tray for photo printing. But even when loaded with paper, it still doesn’t take up too much space on the desk.
- Intuitive color display navigation
- Made with quick NFC device pairing
- Works with both Google Cloud Print and with AirPrint
- Doesn’t require password setup
- Part of the Amazon Dash Replenishment program
- Purple colors are not saturated
- Consumes ink faster than expected
- Slower than other wireless printers
8. Canon Ts5120 Wireless All-in-one Printer With Scanner
Chromebook printers can certainly learn a lot from Canon. This small printer goes to show users don’t need the largest device on their desk. Still, its small size doesn’t condemn it from adding all possible connectivity options. It supports Mopria, PictBridge, Canon’s printing software, WiFi, Bluetooth and Chromebook’s Google Cloud Print.
Among its advanced features, it supports automatic 2-page printing. It takes the piece of paper back to print on the other side. You may also consider it for family photos. Photo printing is supported on 4” X 6”, 5” X 7” and on 5” X 5”.
However, the biggest advantage of this printer is its square small size. It even fits on the shelves. Since it doesn’t need a cable connected to the Chromebook, it can be placed further away from the desk. Those storing their printer in another room need to test out WiFi connectivity at first. This helps avoid interrupted prints and other possible network problems.
- Compact design suitable for small spaces
- Prints photos of various sizes
- Connects using WiFi and Bluetooth
- Includes a document removal reminder
- Uses a 2.5” LCD screen interface
- Doesn’t support DVD printing
- No memory card support
- The case feels flimsy
9. Canon imageClass MF216n All-in-One Laser AirPrint Printer
As one of the best value printer for Chromebook, Canon’s imageClass is one of the most interesting additions to the manufacturer’s line. It works as a printer, scanner, copier and even as a fax machine. It’s also a bit larger than other similar printers.
But this size can be worth it for those seeking a bit more versatility, especially with long documents. Its paper loading tray has a 250-piece capacity which means it’s rather made for commercial use than for home use.
Furthermore, the printer represents one of the reliable names in terms of printing quality. When you print wirelessly, you don’t necessarily expect the best quality. This is certainly not applicable to Canon’s All-In-One Laser printer. But since it also uses laser toners, it also works better to save money on ink cartridges.
- Made with 4-in-1 functionality
- Includes a fax function
- Works with Chromebook printing
- Supports printing from iPhones
- Holds 250 papers in a dedicated tray
- No NFC pairing
- Internal battery changes require date and time input
- The clock function can’t be disabled
10. Canon Pixma TS6220 Wireless All-In-One Printer
This printer is recommended for its voice control implantation. Based on Amazon’s Alexa, it simply prints documents from Chromebook using voice commands. But these voice commands are not limited to printing only. They can also be used to check printer notifications. Alexa voice commands can also be considered to quickly check cartridge ink levels.
The printing versatility is also impressive. Dropbox documents can easily be printed. Gmail attachments can also be printed directly without having to save them on the Chromebook. It also works with Amazon suites such as its shopping lists. But the printer is also suitable for photos. It prints both from the cloud and social media accounts.
- Includes a Canon print app
- Backed by the EPP photo editing app
- Compatible with Alexa voice commands
- Prints from Android devices with Mopria
- Prints basic puzzles
- No support for disc label printing
- Only works with Canon ink cartridges
- Not the most inspired printer design
Can You Print From A Chromebook?
Yes, you can undoubtedly print from a Chromebook computer. Chromebook computer is a cloud that allows you to print virtually. You can print from anywhere by just connecting with google cloud print. do not need a wire to print. You just need a gadget and a printer along with a stable internet connection, and then it will allow you to print virtually with no hassle.
Are All Printers Compatible With Chromebook?
No, not all the printers are compatible with the Chromebook computer printing. Before wireless printing, the printers have only two options like Ethernet connection and an USB cord. Even now, as we have wireless connectivity, many printers only give Ethernet connectivity.
Do All Printers For Chromebook Give Duplex Facilities?
It depends on the brand and the printer itself that it gives a duplex facility or not. Many brands are still not providing duplex facilities as it costs too much, and the customer even now is not ready to buy it. However, there are also brands like HP, Canon, Epson, and brother that are giving this duplex specification in the printer.
Hp Or Canon. Which Is The Suitable Brand For Chromebook Printing?
Both Hp and Canon are the most reliable and suitable brand of printers. Both brands are the real competitor of each other. Therefore, both brands need to excel in their area. As for Chromebook computer printing, Hp is more reliable and gives fast connectivity with the gadget. Canon is also the most exquisite brand in printers, but just in this area, Hp is a little higher than canon.
Are Brother Printers Reliable For Chromebook Printing?
Yes, if you want an affordable printer that does not cost too much and gives every possible specification you want in a printer, then surely, brother printers are worth buying.
The best printer for Chromebook is always ready for texts and photos. As seen from the examples above, these printers also go further in offering extra functionality. They now include scanning options, fax functionality, and even copier functionality.
Chromebooks are versatile and lightweight. They don’t have space for a USB port. This is also the reason most of these printers don’t need USB-printing enabled. Simply printing via the cloud is sufficient for both the home user and the commercial user. Those who want the ultimate wireless printer also need to consider WiFi and Bluetooth printing from smartphones and the best part is the printers above support these devices next to Chromebooks as well.