Art prints are related to design. All the designers recommend a printer that supports the Art prints. An art print depends on many features. Among all the features, an essential component for an art print is the color quality.
The leading brands of Printer for Art prints are HP, Epson, Canon, and Lexmark. All of them are the tough competitors in this present market price value. Most of the user supports HP, some of them gets confused between Epson and Canon, and Lexmark is unknown to most of them.
In this article, you will choose the best Printer for art prints by going through their specification details. For your kind information today, our topic is all about color printers, not the monochrome ones.
Those who are working in the designing field need a color printer badly. So, here you will find the best color printers that will provide you a quality art print. We have selected this top Printer based on the number of users, their ratings, and tested features.
Now, going to the budget of this Printer, you must know that a good quality needs a better taste. At a low price, you won’t get a top-quality color printer. The budget increases with the different number of features. So, these printers are for those who need beautiful art prints.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Of 9 Best Printer For Art Prints In 2022
- Top 9 Best Printer For Art Prints Review In 2022.
- 1. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer Review.
- 2. Epson Artisan 1430 Printer Review.
- 3. Canon IP8720 Printer Review.
- 4. Canon Pixma Pro9000 Photo Printer Review.
- 5. Epson Expression Photo XP-960 Printer Review.
- 6. Canon Pixma PRO-10 Printer Review.
- 7. Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 Printer Review.
- 8. Lexmark MB2338adw Printer Review.
- 9.HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer Review.
Which is the best printer for art prints?
Many printers are suitable for art prints. First, it depends on the need of an artist. For instance, if he or she needs a fast printer, then he or she might look for hp printers. If he or she needs color quality on the paper, then they might go for canon. Therefore, in order to select the best printers for art prints, an artist needs to list the essential features he or she wants.
Does the monochrome printer is suitable for art print?
No, an artist usually plays with colors. Most of their work requires rich, vivid, and vibrant colors. Only a few times, they might need black and white paper. such scenarios, it is highly essential and recommended for an artist to buy a color printer because of their work nature.
Comparison Of 9 Best Printer For Art Prints In 2022
Top 9 Best Printer For Art Prints Review In 2022.
All major printer for art print manufacturers offers at least some type of product suitable for arts and artists. They can all be used without prior printing knowledge. Here are the best choices.
As an artist, the quality of your masterpiece is something you can’t afford to compromise on, whether it’s for sale or not. That’s why it’s essential to invest in a quality printer for your art prints. While identifying the right art printer is a challenging process, it doesn’t have to be for you.
To help you save time when searching for the right printer, here we have compiled a list of the top 12 best printers for art. With any of the printers we’ve discussed below, you can rest assured that you’ll get the best out of your art. Let’s get started.
1. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer Review.
- With a weight of 43.2 pounds and a dimension of 15.2 x, 27.2 x 8.5 inches, this Printer has a total of 6144 Nozzles, where 768 are for per color.
- This Dye ink printer carries eight beautiful colors with gradients in which you will observe three are for the gray color ink. It provides a nice black and white print.
- You can easily replace the finished filament of ink tanks with the CLI 42 category, which generates Black, gray, light gray, cyan, photo cyan, magenta, photo magenta, and yellow.
- It provides every detail in the output by placing 4800 x 2400 dots per inch area of the provided sheets.
- 13 x 19 inches is the maximum printing size that you can get using any media platform.
- A unique feature named Optimum Image Generating System is inserted in this model to manually produce the colors for a repeated version. It helps you to choose your color combination and the selected area.
- You can insert a total of 150 sheets of plain paper, 20 sheets of photo paper, ten sheets of letter-size paper, and one sheet of A3 paper in one refill.
High-quality printing is not new to Canon. Their Pixma Pro-100 printer stands out with its versatility and intuitive AI. It analyses the optimum print quality and adjusts the cartridges as needed. With a maximum output of 4800dpi, it is capable of delivering commercial-style prints right at home.
3 monochrome prints are available with this printer. As the best printer for art prints reviews show, these are black, gray, and light gray. But the deep black based on high-density printing is what makes these modes a bit better than on other printers.
Based on the Optimum Image Generating software, the printer also analyzes the best combinations of ink for the ultimate results. Artists who want to exhibit their prints can simply do so without too much hassle. It takes about 1 minute and 20 seconds to print an exhibition-quality photo with this printer.
Now, its practicality is among the best. It is WiFi certified which means it doesn’t need wired connectivity. Still, it comes with high-speed USB printing. Direct mobile printing is possible via PictBridge. Even CD/DVD printing is still supported. Photo paper is supported so any of these options can trigger artistic prints ready for display or sale.
The cartridges are based on Canon’s CLI PK Value cartridges. Unlike regular cartridges, they have 8 individual colors the printer decides when and how to use. These colors are black, gray, light gray, cyan, photo cyan, magenta, photo magenta, and yellow.
- 8-Dye based ink.
- 150 sheets paper capacity.
- Resolution – 4800 x 2400 dpi.
- Ethernet, USB, and Wi-Fi connectivity options.
- Print speed – 1.2 ppm.
- Can adjust the filament ink with the CLI 42 ink
- Can select your color combination
- Has eight varieties of DIY ink color
- Can do cd-printing
- Faster and durable
- After a long time, the prints permanently come with Cyan color
2. Epson Artisan 1430 Printer Review.
- This model comes with a dimension of 27.8 x 17.3 x 12.5 inches, and the overall weight is 35.3. pounds. So, it’s a heavy printer.
- It has a maximum speed of 2.8 pages per minute which is very slow compared to the other models.
- The highest resolution it can deliver to the output of your document is 5760 x 1440, which is an average quality print.
- Through this product, you can make three ways of connection. You can connect them wirelessly, through mobile devices, or using a USB cable.
- This machine can insert a maximum of 13 inches of overall paper size through the input zone.
- It has six color slots where you can put six different ink filaments at the same time. The colors are Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, and Light Magenta.
Printing high-definition photos of up to 13” X 19”, the Artisan 1430 is one of the best printers for art prints. It uses separate colors in its cartridges and these are based on 6 Clara High Definition cartridges with colors such as black, cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan, and light magenta.
It’s also capable of advanced color correction. In this case, this technology may make up the differences from what the artist sees on the monitor and how the prints look on paper. However, even with such technology, it may still be wise to try various monitor settings to balance the way artwork looks on the screen and how it is presented on paper.
When artists print a photo on the Epson Artisan, they can expect the quality of the work to be at the highest standard. The colors are water-resistant and they are also fade resistant. This is why even when they are displayed in a gallery with plenty of natural sunlight, they’ll maintain a full-color profile.
In terms of resolution, the printer is also among the best. It prints at 5760 X 1440dpi. Its droplets of 1.5 picoliters are also suitable for all types of prints. The high resolution and the small picoliters also mean the printer is a solid choice for portraits. Skin tones are among the most difficult to reproduce on paper.
- Multifunctional – scan/copy /print /fax
- Max media size – 13 x 19 inches
- 6 Clara High Definition cartridges
- Resolution – 5760 x 1440 dpi
- It gives sharp and clear text
- The gradients are plainer
- Perfect accuracy in printing
- Quality skin tones
- Three ways connection system
- Wrong information about paper size input which will be 10 inches
- The clogged head develops before doing fifty prints
3. Canon IP8720 Printer Review.
- It has a total size of 23.3 x 13.1 x 6.3 inches, and the weight is 18.30 pounds which seems light to carry.
- The printing speed of this machine is 14.5 pages per minute which is faster compared to the other models.
- It has three connecting facilities that include WIFI, Ethernet, and USB cables. So, you can make both online and offline connections.
- You will observe six slots to insert six color inks, and the dots per inch is 9600 x 2400, which gives a perfect output.
- The Nozzle level is in 43.5 dBA, and all the filaments can take PGI and CLI category ink tanks.
Made to deliver one of the best home printers for art prints performance, the Canon IP8720 is one of the leading options for large prints. It doesn’t limit the artist’s prints as it offers a maximum printing size of 13 inches X 19 inches which places it among the best.
Its large print capacity is perfect for photography, mixed media, architecture or even specialized book printing. It uses the same 6 color system from Canon which is known for its high-quality grays and blacks. Other unique characteristics include a patented photolithography nozzle.
It is a smaller nozzle compared to what other printers offer. At 1pl droplets, it is a printer capable of taking care of the finer details. This is why it may be used by artists who want to sell their work, not only make the prints for personal reference. Advanced features are already known to Canon fans.
If you’re coming from another Canon printer, you may already be familiar with technologies such as Quiet Mode printing or borderless printing. Google Cloud Print allows artists to print from any device which can be connected to the web.
Even more, it prints from Gmail, Google Docs, and other Google tools. When printing from iPhones, users can rely on AirPrint for the same reliability as with Google printing. At the same time, the printer features Pixma printing software which may replace all of these with a native alternative for photos and documents.
- 6-color ink system
- Max resolution – 9600 dpi
- Max print speed – 14.5 ppm
- Multifunctional – print/scan/copy
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Printing speed is fast enough to save your time
- Direct ethernet connecting facility
- Can take all PGI and CLI color inks
- Higher Nozzle level
- Bad quality photographic print
- The connection status is poor
4. Canon Pixma Pro9000 Photo Printer Review.
- The overall dimension is 13.9 x 26 x 7.6 inches, and its weight’s 32.40 pounds which is not that heavy to lift.
- It gives a resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI to the documents that provide a good quality print in the output.
- This model only runs through connecting with a USB port and hub. No online printing system.
- It can deliver a color photo print of 11 x 14 inches within one minute and twenty-three seconds, showing its better durability.
- The size of the paper that it can make fit in its tray is 13 x 19 inches. It is compatible with thick and heavy size paper.
- With this model, you will get a plug-in software to conduct the printing of the documents. The name of that software is Easy photo print pro.
- It has an auto-optimization feature that matches the lighting condition while printing a document.
Representing one of the best-rated printers for art prints, the Pixma Pro9000 offers reliability with high-resolution prints. With a maximum resolution of 4800 x 2400dpi, the printer offers some of the most detailed prints for artists.
Two feeders are added for various types of paper. Although this is not unique to Canon’s Pixma printers, it’s still reassuring to know it can offer one of the most reliable results in terms of printing paper versatility. The top paper path is where you insert standard paper.
The bottom paper path is used for thick paper. Many types of heavier paper are inserted via the bottom feeder. Advanced technologies include Canon’s own Ambient Light Correction. When users set up the right ambient light in the printing software, the printer automatically adjusts this light to optimize the artwork.
Part of this printer’s success is based on its cartridge system. With 8 individual colors, it is one of the more complex solutions made to be used at home or the office. Vivid colors are the result of this cartridge system. The colors are black, cyan, magenta, yellow, cyan, light magenta, red, and green.
The cartridge system has already shown its full potential on all types of paper. Like other similar printers, the maximum size of 13 inches X 19 inches is supported with multiple prints using the same cartridge. Even fast printing is supported, but only via USB.
- Multifunctional – copy/print /fax/scan
- Max print speed – 16ppm
- Max print resolution – 4800 x 2400 dpi
- 8 individual color system
- Max media size – 13 x 19 inches
- Give a high resolution to the documents
- Fast delivery of a color photo
- Can print heavy size paper
- Will get a plug-in software
- Has auto-optimization feature
- A problem in driver installation
5. Epson Expression Photo XP-960 Printer Review.
- This Printer comes with an original Epson ink cartridge that delivers a perfect color placement and sharp text to the print documents.
- It can print a paper size of 11 x 17 inches and a photo size of 4x 6 inches in 11 seconds which seems quicker than the other printers.
- This model has six filament slots where you can insert six-color ink tanks for the exquisite quality of output prints.
- You will get the best wireless connectivity through iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices, the printing process can be conducted.
- This Printer gives you a WIFI direct (4) feature where you can connect the Printer easily with the router to enjoy free printing of the documents.
- It has a unique feature where you can use a fold-over scan-lid facility in printing the documents.
- The Printer has a 4.3 inches color touchscreen system which enables you to run it smoothly.
- You can directly scan the documents to your Facebook or iCloud storage for quicker data transmission.
- One can connect this model in four different ways. It can be wireless, WIFI-direct, Ethernet, Mobile devices, Card-slots, or a USB port.
- The print speed of this Printer varies from 9 to 9.5 per minute.
This professional printer for art prints offers a wide paper printing capacity. Suitable for various art, it is better than many expect. In some departments, it outranks Canon and HP printers as seen in various reviews. For example, its large 4.6” touchscreen is the largest in its class.
It offers a powerful solution to those seeking added practicality. Those printing frequently find it particularly appealing. There are a few photos sizes the printer does best. It’s capable of quickly printing standard 4” X 6” photos. But it also handles large 11” X 17” borderless photos, perfect to be hanged off a wall.
This printer may be larger than many similar machines, but it also handles large papers and you need plenty of desktop space for it. However, this needs to be perfectly flat for it to print properly. Connectivity is not bad either. It prints when connected to the home’s WiFi network. But it also copies and scans all artwork that needs to be turned digital.
All of these functions work with HD photo quality. But many use it for its combination of attractiveness and the ability to control it through smartphones and tablets. Since many artists sketch directly on their tablets, it proves a considerable advantage. Ink cartridges are those used by Epson under the 277 series with separate colors. While some third-party cartridges may be used as well, it’s unlikely they’ll deliver the same quality, especially with photo printing.
- Impressive 4.6 color touchscreen
- Supports borderless printing up to 11 x 17 inches
- 6-ink color system
- Ethernet, WiFi, USB, and Wi-Fi direct connection
- Max ISO print speed for black and color prints – 9.5 ppm & 9 ppm
- Fast print of the documents
- Six filament storage facility
- Four ways of connectivity
- Touch-screen and fold over the scan-lid system
- Can store documents directly to iCloud or Facebook account
- The problem occurs in the ink-cartridges
6. Canon Pixma PRO-10 Printer Review.
- This Printer has an optimum image generating system that allows you to get full-scale color output.
- You will find glossiness in the print documents through the pigment-based ink and chroma optimizer maker, which gives a better output.
- The ink of the cartridges reproduces color through the optimum image generating system, which makes the document print faster.
- All the ink tanks of this model prints document using the PGI-72 category to replace the ink filament quickly.
- With this Printer, you will also get three monochrome ink filament that allows you to print the documents with sharp black and white text on the paper.
- The overall dimension is 15.2 x 27.2 x 8.5 inches, and it is 43.9 pounds in weight.
- The printing speed of this product is nine pages per minute that saves you colossal time.
- You can insert a paper of a maximum of 13 x 19 inch which is a standard size of a plain page.
- With this machine, you will get an output resolution of 4800 x 2400 DPI that gives you perfect quality print.
- It has a unique feature in connectivity which is you will get this Printer in network-ready mode.
- You can connect it through a wireless system, USB port, or using Ethernet cable directly.
Every printer for artwork has its strengths and weaknesses. Canon’s Pixma Pro-10 is one of the printers made for top-quality prints with a glossy finish. This finish is determined by the pigment-based ink and the Chroma optimizer. Its gloss is seen on the entire surface of the picture.
For many users, this means the prints are going to last longer. However, it is not one of the printers to consider when you simply want to print out drafts, as it takes every piece of art seriously. Canon has implemented the same 4800dpi print resolution on the printer which has proven efficient with color details.
In terms of paper quality, Canon states this printer works with any products. But users say the printer is a bit better with the manufacturer’s paper. Regardless of the paper, the printer works solidly both wired and wirelessly. The cartridges are Canon’s 10-color releases. Some only use originals while others say they work a few extra times with refills.
- High print resolution – 4800 dpi
- 10-individual color system
- Allows borderless printing
- Inbuilt WiFi and Hi-speed USB connectivity
- Allows PGI-72 category ink tanks
- The best resolution to your print documents
- It has a unique feature
- Has optimum image generating system
- Three ways connectivity
- Ink-tanks quickly empties
7. Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 Printer Review.
- It is best for printing a broad range of paper documents and photos. The format of document print is comprehensive, and its output comes out with high quality.
- You will get it all in one pack with this model. Besides printing, it helps you scan a document, copy any page, Fax a file, print out any photos, and make a print of a wide format.
- The best thing about it is you will print out 14000 pages using black ink and 9000 color print pages. So, more or less, you have a good bottle backup.
- It has a good speed of printing pages in each minute. You can print 13 pages per minute through black ink, and with color ink, you can do ten pages per minute.
- This model has a duplex mode in which you can easily print out on both sides. It generates automatically in print both sides at the same time.
- You won’t get an auto-document feeder using this model. It is because of the low capacity of the printing machine.
- It can handle 100 pages and 20 photos in one refill. So, you don’t need to worry about pages.
- You will observe a vast LED screen in front of it, which is 2.7 inches color background. This will help to oversee the commands.
- Three types of connections are possible, which helps you to run your Printer efficiently. You can use a WIFI connection, Ethernet connection, USB port connection, and WIFI-Direct connection.
- You can easily connect your devices directly using the USB port. Memory card slots are also used to connect your devices with them. The devices can be smartphones, Tablets, or Air prints.
- With this model, you will get ink bottles that can last for two years, which becomes free printing from your cartridge.
- It uses only 20% of your ink and delivers quality output. So, your ink cost after two years will save you money in replacing the bottles.
- This model is made based on printing color documents with five various ink in the cartridge.
- Your output documents are collected in a beautiful tray that comes with a rear specialty feed.
Considered one of the best printers for art prints for its ink offerings, the Epson printer is a top pack. It includes sufficient ink for up to 2 years right in the box. It is estimated this ink can print 14000 pages in black or 9000 pages in color.
Replacement ink bottles are also considered more affordable. When the time comes to add more ink, users find it a bit more affordable than similar alternatives. 5-color inks are used for the prints. Users can easily print out 11” X 17” artwork to a high standard using this ink system.
Free from cartridges, this printer also supports complete wireless connectivity. The features place it in front of the list for those printing artwork daily where printing cost needs to be as low as possible.
- 5-color ink system
- Comes with 2-Years of ink
- High print resolution – 5760 x 1440 dpi
- Max media size – 11 x 17 inches
- Proper paper handling tray with rear feed
- Ink usage in printing saves 80 percent of the total bottle
- Duplex facility
- Good printing speed
- Free ink bottles last for two years
- Instead of ink the maintenance box service life low quickly
8. Lexmark MB2338adw Printer Review.
- The total size of this model is 20.63 x 19.06 x 22.2 inches, and it weighs around 42.77 pounds which is heavy to carry.
- With this Printer, you can get the media print in the output of maximum size 8.5 x 14 inches.
- It has a good print speed of 38 pages per minute which is the fastest among all the other printers.
- This is a monochrome printer which means the output documents are all black and white text.
- The model has a laser technology of print that gives you a transparent black and white photo.
- You can get print on both sides with a single print. So, the duplex system in this Printer is automatic.
- This model has three ways of printing media. These are Envelopes, Paper, and Transparencies.
- The also connecting medium for this Printer is both the ethernet system and wireless facility.
- You can connect with your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or desktop through its best wireless technology.
- It is compact and has a 2.4 inches monitor with keypads that allows you to control the whole print and security system.
- With one refill of 250 sheets, you can print your documents for the long term that makes you stress less in inserting new pages frequently.
- From 350 pages to 900 pages of paper input, you can easily fit a 20-pound thick paper. With this amount of thickness, you can get a standard output of 150 pages from the tray.
- Besides printing, you can also do scanning or faxing documents quickly and the speed of the page per minute is the same as ordinary printing.
This laser printer for art prints is made for productivity. High speeds Black printing supported. In this mode, up to 38 pages per minute can be printed. But the multi-functional aspect of the printer is important as well. It also works as a fast copier.
With a 250-page load capacity, it makes continuous printing considerably easier. But most users appreciate its controls as well. Not everything goes through a computer. This is where the 2.4-inch screen proves the most efficient.
For most, it is the only way of dealing with fast copying. Fully supported by smartphone and tablet printing, it can be a future proof purchase as well.
- Fast printing speeds – 38 pages per minute
- 250 sheets capacity
- Impressive 2.4 inches color touchscreen
- Multifunctional – print /scan/copy/fax
- Laser printer with sharp black and white text
- A large amount of page capacity
- Can print huge thick paper through the output tray
- Three printing media
- Built-in best wireless technology
- Toner support limits to 10000 sheets only
9.HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer Review.
- All in one Printer provides fax, scan, copy, print, including the borderless wireless print.
- You can use the SD card slot for printing documents which helps a lot in many cases.
- With the facility of getting an automatic document feeder, you can also print HD quality photo print through this Printer.
- This model connects the Android devices, iPhone that comes with Air print through wireless connectivity. It also has WIFI-direct connecting technology.
- Wireless connectivity also includes dual-band WIFI and Smart Bluetooth. The wired connection of it is made using the Ethernet cable.
- This product has its development software through which you can easily manage your document to print appropriately. The software is free to download provided by the brand known as the HP Smart app.
- From any social media and online document storage platform, you can directly scan or print any of your documents using a wireless connecting process.
- The Printer provides the original Hp ink that runs for one month, and the ink usage for printing documents is shallow.
- You can directly print your documents without a network using the USB port or the SD card slot from the Printer.
- This model has a color touchscreen LCD small monitor that allows you to set the printing style.
- It supports the broad area of paper which maximize up to 8 x 10 inch. You can also insert envelope size paper of value 10 inches.
- You will observe a separate photo tray and get an auto document feeder of the 35 sheets facility.
- The print speed of this model is 15 ppm black and ten ppm color print.
- It can take only 125 sheets in the input tray and print out 25 sheets on the output tray.
- This product is easy to carry and compact in size. Its overall dimension is 19.33 x 17.87 x 7.6 inches.
- 35-page ADF
- Easy-to-use 2.65″ color touchscreen display
- 125/25 sheets input/output capacity
- Fast printing speeds – 15 ppm and 10ppm for black and color prints, respectively
- High print resolution – 1200 dpi
- Auto document feeder of 35 sheets
- Has their software that connects directly with the social media
- Multiple-way of connectivity
- Can insert large size paper
- Will get one-month free ink to use
- Has technical problem in the software
For An Artist Which Feature In A Printer Is A Necessity?
For an artist, the first notable feature is the quality a printer is producing. If they see smudges on the paper, it might ruin their whole work. The second feature that is important for an artist is a speed. If they have a lot of work, in such cases, an artist cannot afford slow printers.
For Art Printing, Does All In One Printer Is A Must?
No, for art printing, all in one printer, is not a necessity. It might be one feature they require, but not the foremost one. Therefore, if they do not buy an all-in-one printer, then also it might be okay.
Does The Price Matter Of A Printer For An Artist?
Yes, the printer is usually expensive, and not all artists might afford it. In such cases, an artist needs to look for printers that are reasonable and efficient too.
Even the best printer for art prints needs a bit of calibration. Even if the printer is capable, the artist needs to calibrate it to the monitor’s color reproduction. Once this calibration has been made, prints are fast. The only discussion remains on whether artists can rely on ink-based printers or choose a laser alternative instead.
Today, many artists rely on ink to print high-quality work. Given some of these prints are made on glossy paper, it is a choice which not many artists regret. Furthermore, replacement ink or cartridges are now more affordable than before.