Art prints are related to design. All the designers recommend a printer that supports the Art prints. An art print depends on many features. Among all the features, an essential component for an art print is the color quality.
The leading brands of Printer for Art prints are HP, Epson, Canon, and Lexmark. All of them are the tough competitors in this present market price value. Most of the user supports HP, some of them gets confused between Epson and Canon, and Lexmark is unknown to most of them.
In this article, you will choose the best Printer for art prints by going through their specification details. For your kind information today, our topic is all about color printers, not the monochrome ones.
Those who are working in the designing field need a color printer badly. So, here you will find the best color printers that will provide you a quality art print. We have selected this top Printer based on the number of users, their ratings, and tested features.
Now, going to the budget of this Printer, you must know that a good quality needs a better taste. At a low price, you won’t get a top-quality color printer. The budget increases with the different number of features. So, these printers are for those who need beautiful art prints.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Of 12 Best Printer For Art Prints In 2021
- Top 12 Best Printer For Art Prints Review In 2021.
- 1. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer Review.
- 2. Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer Review.
- 3. Epson Artisan 1430 Printer Review.
- 4. Canon IP8720 Printer Review.
- 5. HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer Review.
- 6. Canon Pixma Pro9000 Photo Printer Review.
- 7. Epson Expression Photo XP-960 Printer Review.
- 8. Canon Pixma PRO-10 Printer Review.
- 9. Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 Printer Review.
- 10. Lexmark MB2338adw Printer Review.
- 11.Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Printer Review.
- 12.HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer Review.
Which is the best printer for art prints?
Many printers are suitable for art prints. First, it depends on the need of an artist. For instance, if he or she needs a fast printer, then he or she might look for hp printers. If he or she needs color quality on the paper, then they might go for canon. Therefore, in order to select the best printers for art prints, an artist needs to list the essential features he or she wants.
Does the monochrome printer is suitable for art print?
No, an artist usually plays with colors. Most of their work requires rich, vivid, and vibrant colors. Only a few times, they might need black and white paper. such scenarios, it is highly essential and recommended for an artist to buy a color printer because of their work nature.
Comparison Of 12 Best Printer For Art Prints In 2021
Top 12 Best Printer For Art Prints Review In 2021.
All major printer for art print manufacturers offers at least some type of product suitable for arts and artists. They can all be used without prior printing knowledge. Here are the best choices.
As an artist, the quality of your masterpiece is something you can’t afford to compromise on, whether it’s for sale or not. That’s why it’s essential to invest in a quality printer for your art prints. While identifying the right art printer is a challenging process, it doesn’t have to be for you.
To help you save time when searching for the right printer, here we have compiled a list of the top 12 best printers for art. With any of the printers we’ve discussed below, you can rest assured that you’ll get the best out of your art. Let’s get started.
1. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer Review.
- With a weight of 43.2 pounds and a dimension of 15.2 x, 27.2 x 8.5 inches, this Printer has a total of 6144 Nozzles, where 768 are for per color.
- This Dye ink printer carries eight beautiful colors with gradients in which you will observe three are for the gray color ink. It provides a nice black and white print.
- You can easily replace the finished filament of ink tanks with the CLI 42 category, which generates Black, gray, light gray, cyan, photo cyan, magenta, photo magenta, and yellow.
- It provides every detail in the output by placing 4800 x 2400 dots per inch area of the provided sheets.
- 13 x 19 inches is the maximum printing size that you can get using any media platform.
- A unique feature named Optimum Image Generating System is inserted in this model to manually produce the colors for a repeated version. It helps you to choose your color combination and the selected area.
- You can insert a total of 150 sheets of plain paper, 20 sheets of photo paper, ten sheets of letter-size paper, and one sheet of A3 paper in one refill.
- 8-Dye based ink.
- 150 sheets paper capacity.
- Resolution – 4800 x 2400 dpi.
- Ethernet, USB, and Wi-Fi connectivity options.
- Print speed – 1.2 ppm.
- Can adjust the filament ink with the CLI 42 ink
- Can select your color combination
- Has eight varieties of DIY ink color
- Can do cd-printing
- Faster and durable
- After a long time, the prints permanently come with Cyan color
2. Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer Review.
- Using this Printer, you can use five different ink tanks individually in five built-in slots, which allows you to make any five color prints.
- You can operate this Printer with any of the three different software. Those are Air Print, Google Cloud Print, and Pixma Printing Solution.
- It comes with a built-in inkjet nozzle that allows you to get the perfect print head for your art prints. The system does the whole photolithography to the inserted sheets and images out your required documents.
- The print resolution of this product is 9600 x 2400 dots per inch, and the total number of Nozzles is 5120. Most of the Nozzles are covered by the color print, 4096, and the rest is covered by black ink.
- The total dimension of this model is 23 x 12.3x 6.3 inches, and it is 17.90 pounds in weight.
- You can easily print out your documents or design quickly because it can print 14.5 pages per minute.
One of the best printers for making art prints is the Pixma IX6820 Wireless. Its resolution is a bit higher than expected and from here, it’s only a matter of time to find out what it’s capable of.
- High print resolution – 9600 x 2400 dpi
- USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Max print speed – 14.5 pages per minute
- Max media size – 13 x 19 inches
- Good printing speed
- Five ink tank slots
- Can run with any three software
- The nozzle has photolithography features
- Maximum resolution achieved
- After a specific time, the black ink gets faded
- The problem in wireless connection
- The issue with the printheads
3. Epson Artisan 1430 Printer Review.
- This model comes with a dimension of 27.8 x 17.3 x 12.5 inches, and the overall weight is 35.3. pounds. So, it’s a heavy printer.
- It has a maximum speed of 2.8 pages per minute which is very slow compared to the other models.
- The highest resolution it can deliver to the output of your document is 5760 x 1440, which is an average quality print.
- Through this product, you can make three ways of connection. You can connect them wirelessly, through mobile devices, or using a USB cable.
- This machine can insert a maximum of 13 inches of overall paper size through the input zone.
- It has six color slots where you can put six different ink filaments at the same time. The colors are Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, and Light Magenta.
Printing high-definition photos of up to 13” X 19”, the Artisan 1430 is one of the best printers for art prints. It uses separate colors in its cartridges and these are based on 6 Clara High Definition cartridges with colors such as black, cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan, and light magenta.
- Multifunctional – scan/copy /print /fax
- Max media size – 13 x 19 inches
- 6 Clara High Definition cartridges
- Resolution – 5760 x 1440 dpi
- It gives sharp and clear text
- The gradients are plainer
- Perfect accuracy in printing
- Quality skin tones
- Three ways connection system
- Wrong information about paper size input which will be 10 inches
- The clogged head develops before doing fifty prints
4. Canon IP8720 Printer Review.
- It has a total size of 23.3 x 13.1 x 6.3 inches, and the weight is 18.30 pounds which seems light to carry.
- The printing speed of this machine is 14.5 pages per minute which is faster compared to the other models.
- It has three connecting facilities that include WIFI, Ethernet, and USB cables. So, you can make both online and offline connections.
- You will observe six slots to insert six color inks, and the dots per inch is 9600 x 2400, which gives a perfect output.
- The Nozzle level is in 43.5 dBA, and all the filaments can take PGI and CLI category ink tanks.
- 6-color ink system
- Max resolution – 9600 dpi
- Max print speed – 14.5 ppm
- Multifunctional – print/scan/copy
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Printing speed is fast enough to save your time
- Direct ethernet connecting facility
- Can take all PGI and CLI color inks
- Higher Nozzle level
- Bad quality photographic print
- The connection status is poor
5. HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer Review.
- 18.38 x 23 x 15.1 inches is the total size of this model, and it weighs around 49.2 pounds which seems much heavier to carry.
- This Printer has a printing function that allows printing in broad format. It also delivers scanning, copying, and faxing documents.
- It can print papers of 11 x 17 inches in area and has a duplex printing feature. Through duplex mode, this can print a document on both sides at a one.
- You can print your documents directly from iCloud, Dropbox, and google drive in online mode.
- This model has the fastest speed in printing documents that is Tenety two pages per minute. It also consumes fifty percent less ink in printing a document.
- The Printer has its cartridges, which are Hp 952 and Hp 952 XL, which gives you a natural color to your outputs.
- You can insert a total of 500 sheets in one round by placing 250 each in both trays.
- This model has an auto-document feeder system, and there is a giant LCD touchscreen to run the machine.
- Works with Alexa
- Max print speed – 22 ppm
- 1-Year warranty
- 500 sheets input capacity
- 35-page ADF
- 65 color touchscreen display
- Fastest printing speed
- Duplex printing facility
- Consume less ink
- Will get the genuine ink of HP
- Auto-feeder and touchscreen facility
- We need to replace the cartridges when the filament gets low
6. Canon Pixma Pro9000 Photo Printer Review.
- The overall dimension is 13.9 x 26 x 7.6 inches, and its weight’s 32.40 pounds which is not that heavy to lift.
- It gives a resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI to the documents that provide a good quality print in the output.
- This model only runs through connecting with a USB port and hub. No online printing system.
- It can deliver a color photo print of 11 x 14 inches within one minute and twenty-three seconds, showing its better durability.
- The size of the paper that it can make fit in its tray is 13 x 19 inches. It is compatible with thick and heavy size paper.
- With this model, you will get a plug-in software to conduct the printing of the documents. The name of that software is Easy photo print pro.
- It has an auto-optimization feature that matches the lighting condition while printing a document.
- Multifunctional – copy/print /fax/scan
- Max print speed – 16ppm
- Max print resolution – 4800 x 2400 dpi
- 8 individual color system
- Max media size – 13 x 19 inches
- Give a high resolution to the documents
- Fast delivery of a color photo
- Can print heavy size paper
- Will get a plug-in software
- Has auto-optimization feature
- A problem in driver installation
7. Epson Expression Photo XP-960 Printer Review.
- This Printer comes with an original Epson ink cartridge that delivers a perfect color placement and sharp text to the print documents.
- It can print a paper size of 11 x 17 inches and a photo size of 4x 6 inches in 11 seconds which seems quicker than the other printers.
- This model has six filament slots where you can insert six-color ink tanks for the exquisite quality of output prints.
- You will get the best wireless connectivity through iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices, the printing process can be conducted.
- This Printer gives you a WIFI direct (4) feature where you can connect the Printer easily with the router to enjoy free printing of the documents.
- It has a unique feature where you can use a fold-over scan-lid facility in printing the documents.
- The Printer has a 4.3 inches color touchscreen system which enables you to run it smoothly.
- You can directly scan the documents to your Facebook or iCloud storage for quicker data transmission.
- One can connect this model in four different ways. It can be wireless, WIFI-direct, Ethernet, Mobile devices, Card-slots, or a USB port.
- The print speed of this Printer varies from 9 to 9.5 per minute.
- Impressive 4.6 color touchscreen
- Supports borderless printing up to 11 x 17 inches
- 6-ink color system
- Ethernet, WiFi, USB, and Wi-Fi direct connection
- Max ISO print speed for black and color prints – 9.5 ppm & 9 ppm
- Fast print of the documents
- Six filament storage facility
- Four ways of connectivity
- Touch-screen and fold over the scan-lid system
- Can store documents directly to iCloud or Facebook account
- The problem occurs in the ink-cartridges
8. Canon Pixma PRO-10 Printer Review.
- This Printer has an optimum image generating system that allows you to get full-scale color output.
- You will find glossiness in the print documents through the pigment-based ink and chroma optimizer maker, which gives a better output.
- The ink of the cartridges reproduces color through the optimum image generating system, which makes the document print faster.
- All the ink tanks of this model prints document using the PGI-72 category to replace the ink filament quickly.
- With this Printer, you will also get three monochrome ink filament that allows you to print the documents with sharp black and white text on the paper.
- The overall dimension is 15.2 x 27.2 x 8.5 inches, and it is 43.9 pounds in weight.
- The printing speed of this product is nine pages per minute that saves you colossal time.
- You can insert a paper of a maximum of 13 x 19 inch which is a standard size of a plain page.
- With this machine, you will get an output resolution of 4800 x 2400 DPI that gives you perfect quality print.
- It has a unique feature in connectivity which is you will get this Printer in network-ready mode.
- You can connect it through a wireless system, USB port, or using Ethernet cable directly.
- High print resolution – 4800 dpi
- 10-individual color system
- Allows borderless printing
- Inbuilt WiFi and Hi-speed USB connectivity
- Allows PGI-72 category ink tanks
- The best resolution to your print documents
- It has a unique feature
- Has optimum image generating system
- Three ways connectivity
- Ink-tanks quickly empties
9. Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 Printer Review.
- It is best for printing a broad range of paper documents and photos. The format of document print is comprehensive, and its output comes out with high quality.
- You will get it all in one pack with this model. Besides printing, it helps you scan a document, copy any page, Fax a file, print out any photos, and make a print of a wide format.
- The best thing about it is you will print out 14000 pages using black ink and 9000 color print pages. So, more or less, you have a good bottle backup.
- It has a good speed of printing pages in each minute. You can print 13 pages per minute through black ink, and with color ink, you can do ten pages per minute.
- This model has a duplex mode in which you can easily print out on both sides. It generates automatically in print both sides at the same time.
- You won’t get an auto-document feeder using this model. It is because of the low capacity of the printing machine.
- It can handle 100 pages and 20 photos in one refill. So, you don’t need to worry about pages.
- You will observe a vast LED screen in front of it, which is 2.7 inches color background. This will help to oversee the commands.
- Three types of connections are possible, which helps you to run your Printer efficiently. You can use a WIFI connection, Ethernet connection, USB port connection, and WIFI-Direct connection.
- You can easily connect your devices directly using the USB port. Memory card slots are also used to connect your devices with them. The devices can be smartphones, Tablets, or Air prints.
- With this model, you will get ink bottles that can last for two years, which becomes free printing from your cartridge.
- It uses only 20% of your ink and delivers quality output. So, your ink cost after two years will save you money in replacing the bottles.
- This model is made based on printing color documents with five various ink in the cartridge.
- Your output documents are collected in a beautiful tray that comes with a rear specialty feed.
Considered one of the best printers for art prints for its ink offerings, the Epson printer is a top pack. It includes sufficient ink for up to 2 years right in the box. It is estimated this ink can print 14000 pages in black or 9000 pages in color.
- 5-color ink system
- Comes with 2-Years of ink
- High print resolution – 5760 x 1440 dpi
- Max media size – 11 x 17 inches
- Proper paper handling tray with rear feed
- Ink usage in printing saves 80 percent of the total bottle
- Duplex facility
- Good printing speed
- Free ink bottles last for two years
- Instead of ink the maintenance box service life low quickly
10. Lexmark MB2338adw Printer Review.
- The total size of this model is 20.63 x 19.06 x 22.2 inches, and it weighs around 42.77 pounds which is heavy to carry.
- With this Printer, you can get the media print in the output of maximum size 8.5 x 14 inches.
- It has a good print speed of 38 pages per minute which is the fastest among all the other printers.
- This is a monochrome printer which means the output documents are all black and white text.
- The model has a laser technology of print that gives you a transparent black and white photo.
- You can get print on both sides with a single print. So, the duplex system in this Printer is automatic.
- This model has three ways of printing media. These are Envelopes, Paper, and Transparencies.
- The also connecting medium for this Printer is both the ethernet system and wireless facility.
- You can connect with your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or desktop through its best wireless technology.
- It is compact and has a 2.4 inches monitor with keypads that allows you to control the whole print and security system.
- With one refill of 250 sheets, you can print your documents for the long term that makes you stress less in inserting new pages frequently.
- From 350 pages to 900 pages of paper input, you can easily fit a 20-pound thick paper. With this amount of thickness, you can get a standard output of 150 pages from the tray.
- Besides printing, you can also do scanning or faxing documents quickly and the speed of the page per minute is the same as ordinary printing.
- Fast printing speeds – 38 pages per minute
- 250 sheets capacity
- Impressive 2.4 inches color touchscreen
- Multifunctional – print /scan/copy/fax
- Laser printer with sharp black and white text
- A large amount of page capacity
- Can print huge thick paper through the output tray
- Three printing media
- Built-in best wireless technology
- Toner support limits to 10000 sheets only
11.Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Printer Review.
- You can only use the cartridges from this brand. Inserting different Cartridges won’t print any documents.
- This Printer provides an awesome borderless print document of size 13 x 19 inches with ultra-HD quality print.
- Claria is the type of ink that is adjustable with this Printer. You will get six different inks to place in six slots of cartridges that include the red and grey inks.
- You will get not only a color ink filament but also a glamorous black and white print.
- This model provides a cardstock and a rear specialty media tray that holds fifty sheets.
- It is adjustable to A3 size documents, which are compact and can easily cover your desktop.
- The Printer has a Duplex facility that gives you both side print documents with excellent quality ink color.
- You don’t need to worry about refilling your input trays every week because they can accommodate 200 sheets at a time.
- This model has a built-in dash replacement feature that keeps a record of your ink usage. So, you can calculate printing documents every week and quickly know when the ink comes to the last edge of the bottle.
- The printing speed of it is 9.2 ISO for black ink and 9.0 ISO for color ink. Besides, you can get your printed photo quickly within 27 seconds.
- It supports both wired and wireless connections. With the Ethernet cable and iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets, you can connect this Printer.
- You can find a simple 2.4 inches LCD screen that is very simple to navigate.
- The product dimension is 30.9 x 18.7 x 16.2 inches, and its weight is 18.70 pounds which seems to be the lightest one for moving it quickly.
The Expression Photo XP-15000 is another high-quality yet remarkable printer that doesn’t disappoint when it comes to quality. Whether you’re a photographer with lots of photos to print or you print photos for business, this printer offers excellent value for your money.
- 200 Sheets front paper tray
- 50 sheets rear tray capacity
- Ethernet and High-speed USB connection
- High print speed – less than 30 seconds per image
- High quality six individual color Clara Photo ID ink
- Duplex printing capability
- Compact A3 printing facility
- Ink detecting feature
- Lightweight Printer
- Wide borderless print with large paper size
- Cartridges are small, and it suffers from clogged ink
12.HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer Review.
- All in one Printer provides fax, scan, copy, print, including the borderless wireless print.
- You can use the SD card slot for printing documents which helps a lot in many cases.
- With the facility of getting an automatic document feeder, you can also print HD quality photo print through this Printer.
- This model connects the Android devices, iPhone that comes with Air print through wireless connectivity. It also has WIFI-direct connecting technology.
- Wireless connectivity also includes dual-band WIFI and Smart Bluetooth. The wired connection of it is made using the Ethernet cable.
- This product has its development software through which you can easily manage your document to print appropriately. The software is free to download provided by the brand known as the HP Smart app.
- From any social media and online document storage platform, you can directly scan or print any of your documents using a wireless connecting process.
- The Printer provides the original Hp ink that runs for one month, and the ink usage for printing documents is shallow.
- You can directly print your documents without a network using the USB port or the SD card slot from the Printer.
- This model has a color touchscreen LCD small monitor that allows you to set the printing style.
- It supports the broad area of paper which maximize up to 8 x 10 inch. You can also insert envelope size paper of value 10 inches.
- You will observe a separate photo tray and get an auto document feeder of the 35 sheets facility.
- The print speed of this model is 15 ppm black and ten ppm color print.
- It can take only 125 sheets in the input tray and print out 25 sheets on the output tray.
- This product is easy to carry and compact in size. Its overall dimension is 19.33 x 17.87 x 7.6 inches.
- 35-page ADF
- Easy-to-use 2.65″ color touchscreen display
- 125/25 sheets input/output capacity
- Fast printing speeds – 15 ppm and 10ppm for black and color prints, respectively
- High print resolution – 1200 dpi
- Auto document feeder of 35 sheets
- Has their software that connects directly with the social media
- Multiple-way of connectivity
- Can insert large size paper
- Will get one-month free ink to use
- Has technical problem in the software
For An Artist Which Feature In A Printer Is A Necessity?
For an artist, the first notable feature is the quality a printer is producing. If they see smudges on the paper, it might ruin their whole work. The second feature that is important for an artist is a speed. If they have a lot of work, in such cases, an artist cannot afford slow printers.
For Art Printing, Does All In One Printer Is A Must?
No, for art printing, all in one printer, is not a necessity. It might be one feature they require, but not the foremost one. Therefore, if they do not buy an all-in-one printer, then also it might be okay.
Does The Price Matter Of A Printer For An Artist?
Yes, the printer is usually expensive, and not all artists might afford it. In such cases, an artist needs to look for printers that are reasonable and efficient too.
Even the best printer for art prints needs a bit of calibration. Even if the printer is capable, the artist needs to calibrate it to the monitor’s color reproduction. Once this calibration has been made, prints are fast. The only discussion remains on whether artists can rely on ink-based printers or choose a laser alternative instead.
Today, many artists rely on ink to print high-quality work. Given some of these prints are made on glossy paper, it is a choice which not many artists regret. Furthermore, replacement ink or cartridges are now more affordable than before.